Conexant D850 PCI V.92 Modem

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Conexant D850 PCI V.92 Modem

This question is not answered

Does anyone know or can tell me how to send a fax? I have Windows Vista and OMG!! I am starting to hate it!! I was told to go to start/programs/accessories/communication, but there is no communication.

I have no instructions and this is the time that I know need it. I purchased over a year ago and during that time I didn't need to fax. Boy hate it! So now that I lost my job I would love to fax my word doc resume.

Please help

All Replies
  • First, this is the "Audio" forum section, not the Vista Software section. 

However, Vista, except for the Ultimate Business version, DOES NOT have a built in Fax program.  You will have to purchase a 3rd party fax program that is Vista compatible (and doublecheck to make sure it is Vista compatible).

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• First time for me using this community. Sorry, but I have windows vista home premium and I do have an internal fax and according to Dell it is a data fax and for them to help me on how to use it it is way to expensive, especially not having a job right now. 

• Here's a free program that gets good reviews.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• Oh thank you! I see it is a free trail, but hey I am willing to take anything right now and hopes that I don't need it past 30 days. I can only pray that I find a job.

Thanks Again!Big Smile