My speakers do not work

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

My speakers do not work

• I have a Dimension 9100 I recently disconnected the computer to have a new carpet fitted when I reconnected it the speakers no longer worked.  I have done all the scans to check why they do not work and they all say they are working, but I have no sound not even the start up sound.  Any ideas how I can fix this

• Checked & re-checked speaker leads and connections? Try the speakers on another system to make sure they definately work. 

Col

• Also, do you have them reconnected to the AC power?

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Sorry my computer knowledge is not very good what is the AC power and where do I find it?
  • PC Speakers must be "powered" (have their own built in power amplifier) and "powered" speakers must have an AC power source to power the speakers.  Many have a small transformer that plugs in to an AC power outlet (electrical outlet) and the other end with a connector that plugs into one of the speakers.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• All the speakers are pluged in correctly and power seems to be going to them yet they do not work.
  • i actually have a problem.. i was working on my laptop with a glass of coke beside it accidentally the coke spilled off and it went into the holes for headphones kept in the front of the laptop.. i use an inspiron 1525 laptop can anyone help me please..