My speakers do not work - Audio - Desktop - Dell Community

My speakers do not work

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

My speakers do not work

• I have a Dimension 9100 I recently disconnected the computer to have a new carpet fitted when I reconnected it the speakers no longer worked.  I have done all the scans to check why they do not work and they all say they are working, but I have no sound not even the start up sound.  Any ideas how I can fix this

• Checked & re-checked speaker leads and connections? Try the speakers on another system to make sure they definately work. 

Col

• Also, do you have them reconnected to the AC power?

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Sorry my computer knowledge is not very good what is the AC power and where do I find it?
  • PC Speakers must be "powered" (have their own built in power amplifier) and "powered" speakers must have an AC power source to power the speakers.  Many have a small transformer that plugs in to an AC power outlet (electrical outlet) and the other end with a connector that plugs into one of the speakers.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• All the speakers are pluged in correctly and power seems to be going to them yet they do not work.
  • i actually have a problem.. i was working on my laptop with a glass of coke beside it accidentally the coke spilled off and it went into the holes for headphones kept in the front of the laptop.. i use an inspiron 1525 laptop can anyone help me please..