SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Drivers?

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Drivers?

• Hello everyone. I'm in a bit of a rut:

I have a Dimension 4550. I've recently done a clean install of XP and afterwards reinstalled my video drivers. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the drivers for the integrated SoundMAX audio device. It comes up in device manager as "Multimedia Audio Controller." I tried having Windows search for the drivers but it found nothing. Does anyone know where I can find the drivers for this card? Thanks.
  • You need two things (1) chipset drivers that must be installed before installing any sound drivers and (2) the soundmax drivers.

Click on Technical Support and then follow the directions to access the downloads for your specific system.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Do Chipset First.  Then Reboot.
    Then Do Audio
    The IntelĀ® Chipset Software Installation Utility installs the Windows* INF files.
    The INF files inform the operating system how to properly configure the chipset
    for specific functionality, such as AGP, USB, Core PCI, and ISAPNP services.
    Ver:6.3.0.1007 WHQL Date:12/16/2004 Size:2657 (KB) Time @56Kbps:6.15 min

OS:Windows Server* 2003, Windows Server* 2003 Standard Edition, Windows* 2000,
    Windows* 98 SE, Windows* Me, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Professional

Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio
    Driver

Release Title: Audio: Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio,
    Driver, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Multi Language, Multi System, v.5.12.01.3538, A08
    Release Date: 2/12/2003
    Criticality: Optional
    Description: ADI Onboard Sound Driver Multiple System. 

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• Thanks so much! It's all fixed now!
  • Here is the download page for your driver:

The device is Soundmax made by Analog Devices

support.dell.com/.../download.aspx

After you download it, it opens right up and says Soundmax.  I have a 4550 as well and just did a reinstall.  Sound works now.