Altec Lansing ADA745...fuses and sound issues

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Altec Lansing ADA745...fuses and sound issues

• I have been getting the run-a-round for about 2 weeks now about my Altec Lansing ADA745 quadrophonic system....all I want to know is what size, type and voltage fuse to get for my sound system...NOTHING is listed on the website for replacement parts and it is driving me bats!!!  If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.  It seems that the Dell Representatives are not very knowledgable nor speak and write english very well either....anyway...I would love to have my sound back. 
  • If you know you have a blown fuse, there should be some type of marking on the fuse to tell you what the value is.  Have you looked at both metal ends of the fuse?

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• yes i have firebird....and there is nothing on the fuse at all.
  • Have you looked at both ends very close, even under a magnifying glass.  Sometimes the markings are very hard to see.  But, with the "imported" equipment they don't always adhere to industry standards.

Speakers are made to be "throw away" units not repaired and thus not much, if any documentation or avenues for repair. 

One other issue, if the fuse blew, that is supposed to be a safety item for other component failures and even possible fire. There's no guarantee that it's "just the fuse". 

(I do PC and guitar amp repair).

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• thank you for letting me know that little fact.....and thank you for your time in answering.
  • Have you been seeing a large number of problems with the Altec Lansing ADA745?   Dell replaced my original unit when it kept on blowing a fuse.  My replacement unit is also blowing fuses.  Sounds like a design problem. 

I have a Dimension 8200 with XP.