Dimension 4600 front audio connector question - Audio - Desktop - Dell Community

Dimension 4600 front audio connector question

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dimension 4600 front audio connector question

• I built a computer and the motherboard of my dreams just happened to be from a Dell Dimension 4600, and Intel built OEM model 865VP.  This motherboard does not correspond to any retail motherboards that Intel sells in respect to the connector I am asking about.  I searched Google and even called Dell support (but since I didn't buy it from them they wouldn't help) to no avail.  The connector is marked J9C2 and is on the side opposite the processor.  I have a nice case that has connectors for mic and headphones on the front and I would love to use this connector without going the route of having a wiring mess in the back in which I had a wire that went to the audio out and another that went to the mic and another that went to a jack for the audio out.

I need to know what order the connections are on the pins.  I have a wire chart for the front audio on the case and if I just knew the pins on the motherboard, it would help greatly.

Thanks in Advance

Reed

• flarogue,

Do you still have the pinout for this connector (j9c2)? I've just fitted a new mother board to the 4600 chassis and need to adapt this connector to a 9 pin audio connector on the new mobo. If you could post me it or point me to somewhere that has it I would be most grateful.

TWK

• You should have started a new thread, not bring up a very old thread and add to it.  That's not how we do it on this forum.

But, the Dell front panel connector is a proprietary and undocumented connector.  Dell has never published anything on their custom/proprietary connectors.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• No biggie. I can prolly work it out anyhow. Cheers.

TWK