I am not a Dell Employee
Dell forum member since 2002
Home Built PC with ASUS Z170, i7 6700K CPU, Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive. Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.
Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.
Blackhawk, do not post a new or different problem to an existing post. Post a new subject - it only confuses the issue or "hijack's" the original post and then people start responding to your new problem rather than to the original posters question. Good forum ettiquite on ANY internet forum.
There are many different configurations for a given PC model, it's hard to say what exact hardware you have. Just depends on how it was ordered.
Support options based on the model of your machine (desktop, laptop, OptiPlex, Dimension, Latitude, etc) in order for your call to be routed to the appropriate technician.
What are the Dell™ Express Service Code and Service Tag, and where can I find them?
<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>
You will need:
1. To be in front of the computer while you are online.
2. The make and model of the computer
3. The Service Tag and/or the Express Service Code for your computer-
* The Service Tag can be found on the back or bottom of your computer as a bar code label
* The Service Tag and/or Express Service code may also be found by running Express.exe in the Dell directory of your C:\ Drive
* The Service Tag and/or Express Service code may also be found from the Start Menu---> Programs ---> Dell Accessories --->Express Service Code
4. The Dell Support CDs that came with the computer if they are available.
The web site is
Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here I do not work for Dell. I too am a user. The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderatingContact USA Technical Support
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro
I also had the same exact problem:
"? PCI Multimedia audio controller," in device manager w/ error code28 ( on a Dimension 4700, WinXP pro).
I noticed that the system had a built in integrated audio adapter AND also a SoundBlaster Live24 PCI card installed.
I had verified SB Live24 adapter card drivers were installed correctly (if needed, un-install / re-install).
I verified that in the (bios) setup, the "integrated audio" was "off" (disabled), and found it was "on" (enabled) - I disabled it.
then after booting -no more yellow question marks. I have sound now.
Message Edited by christov01 on 05-02-200612:18 PM