SPEAKERS AND WOOFER

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

SPEAKERS AND WOOFER

• I have a Demensions Desktop with a woofer and speakers. Can I just hook up the speakers directly to the back of the computer and do away with the woofer?  I would put the orange in the orange slot and not hook up the woofer, Is this possible?
    Diane
  • If you have a 2.1 speaker system (two small speakers and a woofer) you must connect everything as the power amplifier for the speaker system is built into the bass speaker.  Your system requires "powered" speakers (ones that have a built in power amplifier).

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• I thinkthat is correct for the vast majority of speaker systems. Hoever, my 2.1 Yamaha set has an amplifier in the right speaker (for both satellites) and a separate woofer built-in amplifier. So I can unplug the woofer if I wish.
  • Thanks for the help, but I also wrote to Dell and they told the speakers need the woofer to work. So I am stuck with it. Unless I buy new speakers without the woofer.

Diane