SPEAKERS AND WOOFER - Audio - Desktop - Dell Community

SPEAKERS AND WOOFER

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

SPEAKERS AND WOOFER

• I have a Demensions Desktop with a woofer and speakers. Can I just hook up the speakers directly to the back of the computer and do away with the woofer?  I would put the orange in the orange slot and not hook up the woofer, Is this possible?
    Diane
  • If you have a 2.1 speaker system (two small speakers and a woofer) you must connect everything as the power amplifier for the speaker system is built into the bass speaker.  Your system requires "powered" speakers (ones that have a built in power amplifier).

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• I thinkthat is correct for the vast majority of speaker systems. Hoever, my 2.1 Yamaha set has an amplifier in the right speaker (for both satellites) and a separate woofer built-in amplifier. So I can unplug the woofer if I wish.
  • Thanks for the help, but I also wrote to Dell and they told the speakers need the woofer to work. So I am stuck with it. Unless I buy new speakers without the woofer.

Diane