Refund on order - Customer Care - Forum - USA Customer Care Board - Dell Community

Refund on order

USA Customer Care Board

USA Customer Care Board
This board is for USA Customer Care (NON-technical) issues

Refund on order

This question is not answered

Good morning.  I have had an ongoing issue with Dell for the past 5 months.  In March of 2017 I placed an order for a laptop battery. After nearly two weeks of the order status saying processing, I told Dell I wanted to cancel the initial order which was obviously in a state of limbo.  I ordered a second battery which I did receive in a timely manner.  Unfortunately I found out that the battery I ordered was the wrong one.  I returned the battery from my second order to Dell and I have receipt confirmation of this.  About a week later, FedEx did try 3 times to delivery the battery from the first order.  All 3 delivery attempts were unsuccessful as there was no one home to accept the delivery.  I have been trying for 4 months to reverse the charge on my Dell credit card for the first battery which I never received.  After contacting customer service I was told that I need to make a payment on my credit card.  I stated that I refuse to pay for an item that I never received.  Now my credit card is locked for future purchases and I have a balance for $271 for an item that I never received.  I have a case number with Customer Care and have made several attempts to get a status update.  My e-mails have been read but not replied to. Can anyone help me get this charge reversed along with the late charges and interest that have been unfairly assessed to my account.  I have been a loyal customer of Dell's for many years and I expect better treatment than what I've received.  My e-mail address is jreed@jcfcleve.org.  Jackie Reed

All Replies
  • Greetings,

We regret the overall experience. Please private message the reference number and let me check for the available options. 

You could send us a private message by hovering the mouse pointer over my username, and adding me as friend.

Dell-Sahana R
    Social Media and Community Professional
    #IWork4Dell
    Order Status
    Download Drivers

• Good afternoon.  I sent a lengthy e-mail yesterday (8/1) explaining my situation and have not yet heard back from you.  Please reply to this message or email me privately at

<Email id removed>

Thank you, Jackie
    Reed