Dell U2412m warranty - Customer Care - Forum - USA Customer Care Board - Dell Community

Dell U2412m warranty

USA Customer Care Board

USA Customer Care Board
This board is for USA Customer Care (NON-technical) issues

Dell U2412m warranty

This question has been answered by DELL-Chris M

I have this beautiful monitor. I haven't had any problems so far. But I lost my resellers receipt during moving to other place. So my question is can warranty be checked by S/N only?

Verified Answer
  • Ryffryder,

My apologies but no. The monitor PPID serial number is not tied to any Dell order or customer number. They are put on the monitor by the manufacturer, not Dell. The monitor PPID number can only tell us the manufacturer and the date manufactured. Without proof of the resellers invoice, Dell cannot apply any warranty to this monitor.

All Replies
  • Ryffryder,

My apologies but no. The monitor PPID serial number is not tied to any Dell order or customer number. They are put on the monitor by the manufacturer, not Dell. The monitor PPID number can only tell us the manufacturer and the date manufactured. Without proof of the resellers invoice, Dell cannot apply any warranty to this monitor.

• I would be grateful if you could tell me the manufacture date of my monitor!

S/N: CN-0Y1H5T-74261-16L-0EPL

• June 21st, 2011.

• Can you also check my monitor's warranty as I only have it's serial number?

S/N: CN-0504H1-74261-37K-3M2S

Appreciate the help as I've been trying to find how can dell service my monitor. I've been trying the dell website with no luck.

• The warranty expired on July 20, 2016.