Where is my laptop and why can't I talk to anyone about it?

USA Customer Care Board

USA Customer Care Board
This board is for USA Customer Care (non-technical) issues

Where is my laptop and why can't I talk to anyone about it?

This question is not answered

Hi,

Long story short, ordered a laptop at the beginning of the month and all the way through, the date indicated by Dell for delivery was yesterday.  My tracking says that it is in China and has been like this for a week now.  Of course, money was taken from my account when it was shipped.  In other words, I HAVE PAID FOR THIS!.

The issue of the missing laptop is compounded by Dell's incredibly poor customer service (God hope that the thing works if it ever turns up).   There are no contact details (unless you want to spend more money).  'Phone calls about delivery just end up a Kafkaesque nightmare of an automated system whereby one is expected to enter various customer and order numbers so that the item can be tracked.  I KNOW WHERE IT IS - IT SAYS SO ON THE WEB TRACKER! it is in China.  What seems to be beyond Dell is to let customers speak to someone.  I have filled out a complaint form and from this I spoke to a very nice man (from America?) who promised to sort and to phone me back.  He hasn't.  I have "reached out" to Dell via twitter and by adding to another thread on this forum.

I am hoping that someone will sort this out.  (Please, pretty please).

All Replies
    • clubbie 58
      • Hi,I am hoping that someone will sort this out.  (Please, pretty please).

clubbie 58,

I think we can get this straightened out, here are some instructions, just follow these instructions.  I am going to put you in touch with one of our Customer Care Liaisons.

Please click on  Lorna's name here:     then click on Send A Private Message.

In your message include the following.

• Email Address:
    • Name:
    • Shipping Address:
    • Phone Number:
    • Dell order number or Service Tag number:
    • Your country
    • Country where system was bought
    • Issues, (you can just paste what you wrote above)

Please give her a day or two to get back to you.

Zb1

Dell Forum Member Since 2004 but not an employee of Dell

If this answers your question, click
      Yes  

• Thank You Zbestwun 2001,

I'll follow you advice and post back the result