Dell Inspiron 15r 5537

USA Customer Care Board

USA Customer Care Board
This board is for USA Customer Care (non-technical) issues

Dell Inspiron 15r 5537

• Bought system Nov. 5th, received apx. Nov 10th. Have several other laptops, but first touch screen. on 12/19 closed laptop as usual. This morning is has a nice crack across the screen. This was on my desk and NO one touched it or dropped it. Called Dell, absolutely no help. The help desk was manned by some service provider that was very difficult to understand. Anyway, Dell wants me to send the system back and it will be repaired for $250-$300!!! I bought the system for $770. This is absurd!!! This will be my last purchase from Dell.

• Moved to the customer care forum for a Dell representative to look into.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• Madramos,

When did you purchase the laptop? November 2012 or 2013? If they are charging you for the repair, that makes me think that the originally purchased warranty has expired? Is that correct?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
    Drivers
    Order Status

• New Inspiron 15R, Windows 8, 64-bit, English. 6 months special financing on new computer purchases $649 or more with Dell Preferred Account! Delivers by Friday, November 01, 2013 $767.99.

• Ok. If new, the LCD should be preplaced since the system is still under warranty. Contact the escalations team here. Ask them why regular Technical Support is refusing to setup the LCD replacement.

#iwork4Dell
    Drivers
    Order Status

• How exactly do I contact escalation team? I completed a search, but nothing comes up. Can you provide me with a link or contact number.  Thanks

• If you're in the states, fill this form out to escalate  this issue.

Zb1

Dell Forum Member Since 2004 but not an employee of Dell

If this answers your question, click
      Yes  

• Look in my post. Click the blue word, "here".

#iwork4Dell
    Drivers
    Order Status

• Thanks for trying to help. Tried them but same old message. They want be to spend $500 to repair the system. AMAZING.

10:34:49 AM     Eligio Initial Question/Comment: Dell Inspiron 15r 5537 Bought system Nov. 5th, received apx. Nov 10th. Have several other laptops, but first touch screen. on 12/19 closed laptop as usual. This morning is has a nice crack across the screen. This was on my desk and NO one touched it or dropped it. Called Dell, absolutely no help. The help desk was manned by some foreign service provider that was very difficult to understand. Anyway, Dell wants me to send the system back and it will be repaired for $250-$300!
    10:34:54 AM     System You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
    10:34:54 AM     System Connected with Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary
    10:35:29 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary Thank you for contacting Dell Basic Warranty Support Chat. My name is Grace.
    10:35:49 AM     Eligio hello grace
    10:36:44 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary Hi Eligio,
    10:36:44 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary Can you confirm the system that you would like to have support with is a INSPIRON 5537 with Service Tag: <deleted>?
    10:36:57 AM     Eligio that is correct
    10:37:29 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary Thank you for the confirmation.
    10:38:04 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary Checking on the service tag, it appears that the system doesn't have the Accidental Damage warranty that should cover for this kind of damage.
    10:39:41 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary Since the issue is not covered by your basic hardware warranty, you can take advantage of our Out of Warranty Repair service for $199.00 wherein we will send you a box to put your computer and you will need to send it to our depot repair facility. They will check your laptop to identify the part/s that needs to be replaced.
    10:40:20 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary However, since they will need to replace the LCD for your system, an additional $299.00 fee will be needed to replace the part.
    10:40:48 AM     Eligio is that it? Did you read what I have put on the dell community board? If I had dropped it or did something wrong I would not be venting! Please read my comments
    10:41:17 AM     Eligio RE: Dell Inspiron 15r 5537 Ok. If new, the LCD should be preplaced since the system is still under warranty. Contact the escalations team here. Ask them why regular Technical Support is refusing to setup the LCD replacement.
    10:41:38 AM     Eligio from your own people!
    10:42:37 AM     Eligio you are asking for $500 to repair a $770 system!! That is absurd.
    10:44:57 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary I apologize for that. The one you pasted where Dell-Chris M noted that LCD should be replace under warranty, he may not be aware that your system does not have Complete Care.
    10:45:27 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary Indeed that cracked LCD should be replace "IF" you have Complete Care coverage for the system when you bought it.
    10:46:13 AM     Eligio AND I SAY YOUR TOUCH SCREEN HAS ISSUES AND IS PRONED TO CRACK FOR NO APPARENT REASON
    10:47:22 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary LCD panel doesn't get crack by itself. LCD screen will be crack when you put pressure on it.
    10:48:48 AM     Eligio I THOUGH I WOULD TRY THE NEWEST ITEM, BUT.... AND I HAVE WRITTEN SEVERAL EMAILS TELLING YOU THERE WAS NO PRESSURE PUT ON THIS SYSTEM. IT WAS CLOSE JUST LIKE MY OTHER NON-TOUCH LAPTOPS!
    10:50:14 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary I am sorry, however, we will not be able to replace your LCD panel if you do not have Complete Care warranty. You will be paying for labor cost and parts.
    10:50:14 AM     Eligio PLEASE FORWARD THIS CHAT SESSION TO YOUR MANAGERS AND SALES DIRECTORS. THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE FLAWS IN THE LOGIC OF SPENDING THIS KIND OF $$ TO FIX A SYSTEM
    10:52:08 AM     Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary Yes, hold on please.
    10:52:32 AM     System You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
    10:52:36 AM     Eligio CAN I PLEASE GET A REFERENCE NUMBER SO IT CAN BE LOGGED IN MY COMPLAINTS INTERNALLY AND WITH THE AGENCY
    10:52:51 AM     CLKs_Jerico_184402 Hi, my name is Jerie, Dell Manager.
    10:53:08 AM     Eligio Hello
    10:53:46 AM     CLKs_Jerico_184402 You have an existing case when you called related to this issue. That is : <deleted>.
    10:54:06 AM     Eligio thanks
    10:55:01 AM     CLKs_Jerico_184402 I believe you have already discussed this issue with the phone representative and a supervisor and you were told that there is a fee for the repair since it is not covered under your warranty.
    10:56:46 AM     Eligio SO ARE WE DONE? OBVIOUSLY NOT GETTING ANYWHERE HERE.
    10:57:15 AM     CLKs_Jerico_184402 I'm sorry, we will not repair the system for free.
    10:57:44 AM     Eligio YOU GUYS SHOULD ALSO LOOK AT HOW MUCH I HAVE PERSONNALY BOUGHT FROM YOU GUYS. THIS IS MY FIRST COMPLAINT
    10:57:55 AM     System Clark Air BaseSMB US DIV_ Mary has left this session!
    10:59:25 AM     CLKs_Jerico_184402 This is for the reason that we have Complete Care warranty coverage for such incident which does not cover under normal warranty.
    10:59:55 AM     CLKs_Jerico_184402 You may also check and read about your warranty terms about this.
    11:01:45 AM     Eligio AND KNOW YOU KNOW THE REASON MY NEXT PURCHASE WILL NOT BE FROM DELL AND I WILL MAKE SURE THAT THE WEB SEES THESE INTERACTIONS DO THAT THEY MAY BE MORE EDUCATED WHEN PURCHASING FROM DELL. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
    11:02:14 AM     CLKs_Jerico_184402 Again, I do apologize if this issue is not covered under your warranty.
    11:02:34 AM     CLKs_Jerico_184402 Thank you for contacting Dell. Have a nice day.
    11:02:34 AM     System CLKs_Jerico_184402 has left this session!
    11:02:34 AM     System The session has ended!

• Can one replace a touch screen with a non-touch screen?

• I do not know if that is possible. You will need to reach out to Terry B and ask him. Click his name. By the way, the chat you used was NOT the escalations team. Click Here.

#iwork4Dell
    Drivers
    Order Status