SF & MS SQL Integratio​n using MS SQL BCP connector - Cloud Services - Forum - Cloud Services - Dell Community

SF & MS SQL Integratio​n using MS SQL BCP connector

Cloud Services

Cloud Services
Connect with those using Dell Cloud Services

SF & MS SQL Integratio​n using MS SQL BCP connector

This question has been answered by RyanBlitz

Hi

I am trying to integrate SF with MS SQL using MS SQL BCP connector provided in Boomi, but getting the following error:

Unable to store data, error copying stream.; Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Invalid null character in text to output; Caused by: Invalid null character in text to output

I think this is an issue iwth the encoding formats of MS SQL, Atom and the connector profile. The atom's & connector profile's encoding has been changed to UTF-8 and still face the same issue.

Has anyone faced this before? Am i missing something?

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

Hope you finded out what was the problem but in my opinion its totally related to an UTF-8 encoding issue. Try edit it with NotePad ++ and save it in the good format

Regards,

Julien

• Bingo, absolutely correct. Thanks i had the same problem!

All Replies
  • Nobody to help him ? For this you are right, I don't see what you miss

• Hm Ive been trough that issue before and it was an encoding issue yeah but if you told that it was UTF-8 and co , I dont know. Hope someone can help u with that

• Hi,

Hope you finded out what was the problem but in my opinion its totally related to an UTF-8 encoding issue. Try edit it with NotePad ++ and save it in the good format

Regards,

Julien

• Try Settings -> Preferences -> tab New document/Default Directory -> Encoding -> check UTF-8 without BOM, Apply to opened ANSI files.

• Go to setting--->preference---->open new tab of document directory--->set the encoding---->check UTF-8 without BOM, Apply to opened ANSI files.

import os
    import sys
    from Npp import notepad # import it first!

filePathSrc="C:\\Users\\" # Path to the folder with files to convert
    for root, dirs, files in os.walk(filePathSrc):
        for fn in files: 
            if fn[-4:] == '.xml': # Specify type of the files
                notepad.open(root + "\\" + fn)      
                notepad.runMainCommand("Encoding", "Convert to UTF-8")
                notepad.saveAs(os.join.path(fn[:-4], '_utf8.xml')) # if you try to save/replace the file, an annoying confirmation window would popup.
                notepad.close();

1. Run the notepad++ and then open the menu plugin--->Then plugin manager--->show plugin manager
    2. Install the scripting language.When plugin the installed , and the restart the our application.
    3. Choose the plugin menu---->script---->open the new script
    4. Choose it's the name.

• Bingo, absolutely correct. Thanks i had the same problem!

• this my sql connector information is awesome and is useful to find more things.thanks a lot for this information.

• I agree this point.It is to describe the sql server and is good.