Dell Backup and Recovery - Cloud Services - Forum - Cloud Services - Dell Community

Dell Backup and Recovery

Cloud Services

Cloud Services
Connect with those using Dell Cloud Services

Dell Backup and Recovery

This question has been answered by Rahulghosh

Am i able to access my files online if i saved them on the cloud service using dell backup and recovery or do i have to install it to access my files. 

My laptop is being worked on and i was wondering if i could access my files from my other computer.

Verified Answer
  • If you have a  good speed internet connection, you can be able to  access your files online through cloud services through other computer.

if you can take  regular backups , it will be really helpful because you can easily recovered your data.

Panel access to  cloud will  easily get you to the access of your data recovery option.

All Replies
  • Having good speed internet connection, you can access your files online through cloud services through other computer.

if you are taking regular backups of your data, your data can be easily recovered.

Panel access to your cloud will get you to the access of your data recovery option, for that it is necessary that tool must be installed on computer.

Hope it helped!

• But how do i access it from a different computer. Is there a website that i can go to that will give me my files that have been saved by Dell Backup and Recovery? The program won't install onto my other computer that is not a dell. 

• Dell Backup and Recovery Basic comes preloaded on new Dell Windows 7 and Windows 8 devices and offers the following features:

• Create reinstall disks (rescue disks) for your device
    • Reset your device to the original factory state
    • Manually back up and restore your data

If your device did not come with Dell Backup and Recovery pre-installed, please see the Installation & System Requirements section on this page. Please see the Additional Support Resources section for help on using Dell Backup and Recovery.

If your system came with Dell DataSafe or Dell Backup and Recovery Manager and you would like more information on these products, please see the Legacy Backup Applications section on this page. Dell recommends that you upgrade your system to Dell Backup and Recovery.

1. 1.Just for info for those data that have a Dell with all the Dell software still installed

2.The Backup & Recovery software has been updated and it has updated the recovery partitions for Windows 10

3.I have no blank media at the moment to test, but you can now create recovery disks for Windows 10 along with any other backups you may have created for while updating 
  • PLEASE HELP!!!

I cannot access my cloud files.  I had all of my files backed up to the cloud on Dell Backup and Recovery.  My computer crashed and I had to get a new hard drive.   I have loaded the Backup and Recovery software onto the new computer.  On version 1.7, I can see the folders on the cloud (I have 126 Gig of data), but when I go to move them back to the computer, it freezes.  On version 1.8, it won't even show me my cloud folders (although it does show my cloud account and 126 Gig of storage used).  I cannot get anyone at Dell to help me.  I have spent hours on hold for various customer support lines and no one seems to be able to help me.  I just want to get my data. 

• I feel your pain.  I'm in exactly the same position.  No one at Dell will help.  The response you got is typical.  

• Yes I agree that...

velkannan

• As I understand your problem were you are unable to accesses your data from the cloud, May be the installed Dell backup and recovery is not compatible with system configuration, Have you tried creating recovery media in an old version does it worked? If created check installing the Operating system? 

If in case Issue issue is resolved please do reply with Solution..

• If you have a  good speed internet connection, you can be able to  access your files online through cloud services through other computer.

if you can take  regular backups , it will be really helpful because you can easily recovered your data.

Panel access to  cloud will  easily get you to the access of your data recovery option.