Unable to change or delete account - Cloud Services - Forum - Cloud Services - Dell Community

Unable to change or delete account

Cloud Services

Cloud Services
Connect with those using Dell Cloud Services

Unable to change or delete account

This question has been answered by flyingron

I need cloud back up, so I decided to use Dell Data Backup and Recovery. During set-up I typed my email address in wrong. Now I can neither activate nor delete the account. Even after uninstalling and re-installing, my computer remains tied to an account that will never work, because it has a faulty email address and therefore can't be activated. Dell tech support gave me a phone number to call (1-866-622-1947) but that number is only a recording saying no one is available to take my call. There is nothing in the help menu about how to delete an account. What am I supposed to do?

Verified Answer
  • I've found that Dell is completely incapable of diagnosing or repairing problems with the Backup, I've been working with them for over a week on it.   The best bet is that CLEVERBRIDGE who handles the ecommerce will refund your money because they don't know how to get Dell to respond either.

Dell front line support guys have been told to remove and reinstall the product and reauthorize the premium key of course which has ZERO to do with the cloud authorization stuff.  

CLEVERBRIDGE customer support is 1-866-522-6855

They were also supposed to report to Dell but it doesn't appear that anybody at Dell knows or cares what is happening with the Cloud Backup and it's lacking woefully any ability to modfy, change, cancel, etc... any of the account settings.    This product seems not really well thought out.

All Replies
  • I've found that Dell is completely incapable of diagnosing or repairing problems with the Backup, I've been working with them for over a week on it.   The best bet is that CLEVERBRIDGE who handles the ecommerce will refund your money because they don't know how to get Dell to respond either.

Dell front line support guys have been told to remove and reinstall the product and reauthorize the premium key of course which has ZERO to do with the cloud authorization stuff.  

CLEVERBRIDGE customer support is 1-866-522-6855

They were also supposed to report to Dell but it doesn't appear that anybody at Dell knows or cares what is happening with the Cloud Backup and it's lacking woefully any ability to modfy, change, cancel, etc... any of the account settings.    This product seems not really well thought out.