accessing Dell Data Safe - Cloud Services - Forum - Cloud Services - Dell Community

accessing Dell Data Safe

Cloud Services

Cloud Services
Connect with those using Dell Cloud Services

accessing Dell Data Safe

This question is not answered

Since my Dell crashed, I have been trying to sign on to Data Safe to retrieve my files.  The site lets me set a new password and when I did it tells me I was successful, but when I try to sign in it doesn't work.  My lap top is out of warrenty so I can't sign in for email tech assistance.  Does anyone know how to contact Data Safe?  Thanks

All Replies
  • My friend had the same problem and just like you, she wasn't able to retrieve the files she wanted. An expert told her that Dell's DataSafe Online is not an archival service and it is only meant to provide back up service. Backing up your files replaces the previous copy of your backed-up data with the most recent version of the data on your system. This may make it really difficult for files to be retrieved. Tongue Tied

• The HELP section in the program says you can restore files to a different computer.  I've been able to restore a few files (I'm doing it piecemeal because of the amount of data).  Most of the time though, the program says "xxx # of files restored" but they're not - can't find them anywhere.  Other times the restore just hangs up.  Trying to get anyone to provide assistance is futile. .