Forums

XPS Club

XPS Club
Share your XPS experiences and join in the conversation with other XPS users.

XPS L502X screen resolution

This question is answered

Hi, 
I hope this post is not a repetitive one, but does anyone can help me to enhance my screen resolution,  currently the highest recommended resolution is 1366*768.
I installed the latest version of NVIDIA and get all related driver, but still no more option.
I'm sick of this ! any help would be more than GREAT... 

Verified Answer
  • hooria
    Hi, 
    I hope this post is not a repetitive one, but does anyone can help me to enhance my screen resolution,  currently the highest recommended resolution is 1366*768.
    I installed the latest version of NVIDIA and get all related driver, but still no more option.

Open Nvidia Control Panel (right click desktop, select Nvidia control panel).    In left column under Display, select Change Resolution.    Under #1. in the right side, "Select the display you would like to change"  should show your Laptop Display.   If more than one display, select Laptop display.   Under #2 "Apply the following settings",   your laptop display resolution will be shown.   You should select the NATIVE resolution.   For my RGB display, it is  1920 x 1080.   If your NATIVE display resolution is indicated as 1366 x 768, you do NOT have the high resolution display on your laptop.    Check your invoice from Dell or your Order to determine which display you ordered.   You can click on Customize and try to enter the resolution desired.   However, if your display is not capable of that resolution, you will have poor results at best if Nvidia lets you make the change.

You can also go online to support.dell.com  and under Product Support select System Configuration.   Enter your Service Tag and Submit.   Under Original Configuration your display will be listed.   My XPS 15 L502X display is the:  (Dell part # KYYVK)  Liquid Crystal Display, 15.6, B+RG Light Emitting Diode, True Life, Au Optronics Corp.   This is the High Definition display.    If yours is significantly different, you probably do NOT have a High Definition display.   If so, this means you are stuck with the 1366 x 768 resolution.  Sad

Tacoslammer - eating too many tacos too fast: - slammin'  'em down Ick!  

Signature now approved by Dell  Big Smile

If you can read this, thank a teacher. 
    If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran
    and a Border Patrol Agent for keeping our borders secure.

XPS 15 L502X, i7 6230QM, 8GB, GT525M, 640GB 7200rpm, WIN 7- 64bit, Security:  MSE, MalwareBytes free on both systems

XPS 720, Intel Q 6600quad CPU, 4GB, 750GB, 3@ 160GB, Nvidia 7900GS, WIN 7 64bit Home Premium Edition

• hooria:   Suggest you go into Dell support CHAT onnline.   The rep can help your further.   OH, are you in the USA?   Another country may have a different display.   I have seen some comments that they could not get a High Definition B+RG display.

Go to Dell Support "Contact Us" menu.   Choose "Contact Technical Support", then choose "OnLine Chat".   They can check your system and take control to see if yours is capable of the higher resolution and fix any problem.

XPS 15 L502X, i7 6230QM, 8GB, GT525M, 640GB 7200rpm, WIN 7- 64bit, Security:  MSE, MalwareBytes free on both systems

XPS 720, Intel Q 6600quad CPU, 4GB, 750GB, 3@ 160GB, Nvidia 7900GS, WIN 7 64bit Home Premium Edition

All Replies
  • hooria
    Hi, 

Open Nvidia Control Panel (right click desktop, select Nvidia control panel).    In left column under Display, select Change Resolution.    Under #1. in the right side, "Select the display you would like to change"  should show your Laptop Display.   If more than one display, select Laptop display.   Under #2 "Apply the following settings",   your laptop display resolution will be shown.   You should select the NATIVE resolution.   For my RGB display, it is  1920 x 1080.   If your NATIVE display resolution is indicated as 1366 x 768, you do NOT have the high resolution display on your laptop.    Check your invoice from Dell or your Order to determine which display you ordered.   You can click on Customize and try to enter the resolution desired.   However, if your display is not capable of that resolution, you will have poor results at best if Nvidia lets you make the change.

You can also go online to support.dell.com  and under Product Support select System Configuration.   Enter your Service Tag and Submit.   Under Original Configuration your display will be listed.   My XPS 15 L502X display is the:  (Dell part # KYYVK)  Liquid Crystal Display, 15.6, B+RG Light Emitting Diode, True Life, Au Optronics Corp.   This is the High Definition display.    If yours is significantly different, you probably do NOT have a High Definition display.   If so, this means you are stuck with the 1366 x 768 resolution.  Sad

• Thanks, 
    the configuration was somehow the same, only the last part, which is a kind of company name, was different, but I couldn't find any other solution anywhere and I think, seems that me and my screen resolution have to live together ! 

thnx again

• hooria:   Suggest you go into Dell support CHAT onnline.   The rep can help your further.   OH, are you in the USA?   Another country may have a different display.   I have seen some comments that they could not get a High Definition B+RG display.

Go to Dell Support "Contact Us" menu.   Choose "Contact Technical Support", then choose "OnLine Chat".   They can check your system and take control to see if yours is capable of the higher resolution and fix any problem.