DONT RECOGNIZE HARD DISK

XPS Club

XPS Club
Share your XPS experiences and join in the conversation with other XPS users.

DONT RECOGNIZE HARD DISK

• I have an XPS 630i that was burned down to the source of power, and now that I replace this it don't recognize the hard drive, this machine is one of the managers of my work and they sent her to repair with another technician, and now that I have it I can´t make it recognize the hard disk, i think that is setting in the raid array. I hope you can help me. Thousand thanks in advance.

•   Tengo una XPS 630i que se quemo de la fuente de poder, y ahora que la reemplazo no reconoce el disco duro, esta maquina es de uno de los directivos de mi trabajo y la mandaron a reparar con otro técnico, y ahora que me la dan a mi no me reconoce el disco duro, pienso que es configuracion en el arreglo raid. Espero me puedan ayudar. Mil gracias de antemano.

Translated from Spanish to English<~RK>

I have an XPS 630i that burned in the power, and now that the replacement does not recognize the hard drive, this machine is one of the directors of my work and sent to be repaired with another technician, and now I give it I do not recognize the hard disk, I think it's settings in the settlement raid. I hope I can help. Thanks in advance.

• English ONLY - - -

Tacoslammer - eating too many tacos too fast: - slammin'  'em down Ick!  

Signature now approved by Dell  Big Smile

If you can read this, thank a teacher. 
    If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran
    and a Border Patrol Agent for keeping our borders secure.

XPS 15 L502X, i7 6230QM, 8GB, GT525M, 640GB 7200rpm, WIN 7- 64bit, Security:  MSE, MalwareBytes free on both systems

XPS 720, Intel Q 6600quad CPU, 4GB, 750GB, 3@ 160GB, Nvidia 7900GS, WIN 7 64bit Home Premium Edition

• and_rocha

I have an XPS 630i that was burned down to the source of power, and now that I replace this it don't recognize the hard drive, this machine is one of the managers of my work and they sent her to repair with another technician, and now that I have it I can´t make it recognize the hard disk, i think that is setting in the raid array. I hope you can help me. Thousand thanks in advance.

If this XPS 630i was ". . . an XPS 630i that was burned . . . ", I am surprised you can do anything.   

Dump Raid.  Dump McAfee security programs.

Reinstall OS on a NEW SSD  - faster than raid.   For backup, use Acronis or some other program designed to backup to external drive (or cloud).  Acronis has many other advantages like cloning your HD or SSD; making an Image of your drive(s); easy transfer of old drive to new drive,; etc.

Tacoslammer - eating too many tacos too fast: - slammin'  'em down Ick!  

Signature now approved by Dell  Big Smile

If you can read this, thank a teacher. 
    If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran
    and a Border Patrol Agent for keeping our borders secure.

XPS 15 L502X, i7 6230QM, 8GB, GT525M, 640GB 7200rpm, WIN 7- 64bit, Security:  MSE, MalwareBytes free on both systems

XPS 720, Intel Q 6600quad CPU, 4GB, 750GB, 3@ 160GB, Nvidia 7900GS, WIN 7 64bit Home Premium Edition