problem in using dell smart source dell download for dell xps L502X

XPS Club

XPS Club
Share your XPS experiences and join in the conversation with other XPS users.

problem in using dell smart source dell download for dell xps L502X

• sir

i have installed windows  7

so lost all  dell softwares  i want  to download   softwares and drivers via  smartsource.dell.com

but this is not working any browser IE too 

please help getting back the all drivers which are important for my system  i didnt registered @ smartsource dell downlaod too 

• You need to edit your post: REMOVE YOUR SERVICE TAG NUMBER. tHEN REPOST AND WE WILL TRY TO HELP YOU.

XPS 8100 i7-860(8MB Cache, 2.8GHz), 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333MHz, 750GB SATA 3.0GB/s 16MB Cache, nVidia GeForce GTS2401GB GDDR3, Dell ST2310 Full HD Widescreen Monitor, AverMedia G2 Combo hybrid TV Tuner, dual 16x DVD+/- RW dbl layer, Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD, Running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. 

If your question is answered here on the forums; PLEASE post back! It may help another user.              

• yes sir i  have removed my service tag no 

please help me in  downloading the smartsource.dell.com

• Why did you install Win 7.   It comes preinstalled on your XPS 15 L502X.

Tacoslammer - eating too many tacos too fast: - slammin'  'em down Ick!  

Signature now approved by Dell  Big Smile

If you can read this, thank a teacher. 
    If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran
    and a Border Patrol Agent for keeping our borders secure.

XPS 15 L502X, i7 6230QM, 8GB, GT525M, 640GB 7200rpm, WIN 7- 64bit, Security:  MSE, MalwareBytes free on both systems

XPS 720, Intel Q 6600quad CPU, 4GB, 750GB, 3@ 160GB, Nvidia 7900GS, WIN 7 64bit Home Premium Edition

• Siddub221 – We are just users trying to help other users. No
    need to say “sir.” That number can allow others to get personal information
    about you and so is banned in the forums.

Tacoslammer asked the first question that comes to mind: Why
    did you re-install the OS? What problems were you having?

Jeff Beer

XPS 8100 i7-860(8MB Cache, 2.8GHz), 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333MHz, 750GB SATA 3.0GB/s 16MB Cache, nVidia GeForce GTS2401GB GDDR3, Dell ST2310 Full HD Widescreen Monitor, AverMedia G2 Combo hybrid TV Tuner, dual 16x DVD+/- RW dbl layer, Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD, Running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. 

If your question is answered here on the forums; PLEASE post back! It may help another user.              

• Also you have to Register at smartsource.

XPS 15 L502X, i7 6230QM, 8GB, GT525M, 640GB 7200rpm, WIN 7- 64bit, Security:  MSE, MalwareBytes free on both systems

XPS 720, Intel Q 6600quad CPU, 4GB, 750GB, 3@ 160GB, Nvidia 7900GS, WIN 7 64bit Home Premium Edition

• no i didnt got registered  at smartsource.dell.com

• I had a virus which crashed my Dell computer. Verizon got it working for me but don't have most of the programs that was on here when it was bought.  For example: no defrag program or any of those programs that help clean the computer.  Please let me know what to do & how?  I have no idea what a "service tag" is. This computer was given to me so don't know how old it is but don't think it's to old.  I,too, tried the 'downloading the smartsource.dell.com & couldn't get it to work.

• You have to have a MyDell account to log into smartsource.dell.com.

Set up an account by registering at Dell.com

You need your Service Tag number.   You can find it on the bottom of your laptop.   There is a sticker with that info.   The Service Tag provide all the information about your computer as it was constructed and all software installed.   Do not publish your Service Tag on any forums or elsewhere as it may also contain personal information.   Once you are registered at Dell, you will be able to open and register at smartsource.