BT Mini-Receiver??

XPS Club

XPS Club
Share your XPS experiences and join in the conversation with other XPS users.

BT Mini-Receiver??

• I reloaded my OS, drivers, applications .... and noticed afterwards that I have in Device Manager under "Other devices" a BT Mini-Receiver .. no driver for it? Now I'm guessing that it has something to do with Bluetooth. Guess I'm missing a driver, but which one? Now to make this more interesting is I have a Logitech G11 keyboard and a Mx-518 mouse. When I loaded up the most recent drivers; I had a Logitech panel pop up about configuring my Bluetooth ( it gets about 23% done on it's configuring the bluetooth then hangs) ... neither keyboard nor mouse are bluetooth enabled. All rather strange ... anybody have an XPS-730, Vista 32-bit ... do you have a BT Mini-Receiver, and if so...what driver is showing for it?

• Well that was interesting ... I found a driver for the "bluetooth" for my system... it was a Dell_multi-device_A00_R152639 driver ... this is a driver from 2007?? So I gave it a try ... installed the driver, and my system BSOD ... gotta love it...I rebooted back up, expecting to have to go into safe mode and uninstall. I went ahead and booted up normally and so far the driver is installed, no BSOD's (yet) ... the BT Mini-Receiver is now showing a driver for it and everything seems to be okay in Vista land....can't say I've had this much fun with XP before...

• There is a BT receiver built into some of the media card readers.  If you have one that has the BT logo on it, try installing the software on the Dell disk.  I was not able to find a newer one for mine on the wed site, only on the disk.

• Bwulf

I reloaded my OS, drivers, applications .... and noticed afterwards that I have in Device Manager under "Other devices" a BT Mini-Receiver .. no driver for it? Now I'm guessing that it has something to do with Bluetooth. Guess I'm missing a driver, but which one? Now to make this more interesting is I have a Logitech G11 keyboard and a Mx-518 mouse. When I loaded up the most recent drivers; I had a Logitech panel pop up about configuring my Bluetooth ( it gets about 23% done on it's configuring the bluetooth then hangs) ... neither keyboard nor mouse are bluetooth enabled. All rather strange ... anybody have an XPS-730, Vista 32-bit ... do you have a BT Mini-Receiver, and if so...what driver is showing for it?