XPS 15 Claims that the Hardware Radio Switch is off

XPS Club

XPS Club
Share your XPS experiences and join in the conversation with other XPS users.

XPS 15 Claims that the Hardware Radio Switch is off

• In the middle of working on a project, both my wireless connection and my bluetooth mouse stop working.  After finding a USB mouse I could plug in (can't stand the pad I must admit), I ran diagnostics and was told to turn on the radio hardware switch.  Of course, nothing in the computer help software  describes where or what such a switch is.  I have looked at the outside of the laptop, but can't find one.  I tried to access the manual and was told I could not because I did not have a connection to the Internet.

So I connect to the Internet on a friend's computer and run a search at the Dell site for XPS 15 manual and get a list of technical specifications and overviews - none of which even mention the XPS 15.  I am glad I found this forum, and I am hoping someone can confirm that my laptop actually exists as a Dell product.  I am starting to wonder.  Anyone know where this darn radio hardware switch is on an XPS 15?  Or where I can get a manual?  Thanks.

• it's at F2 little transmitter symbol

• Thanks. i found the F2 function but my Dell XPS won't let me turn on the hardware radia switch to on.. any suggestion?

• carl54321,

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• To find the info on your particular model go HERE use the enter service tag to take you to the support pages for your particular model. There are 3 different model numbers for you system .. 1501,1502,1511z

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003