Alienware m17x R4 suddenly turns off and wont turn on...

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware m17x R4 suddenly turns off and wont turn on...

This question is not answered

Hi...

I have a problem and i hope someone will help me...

I bought an Alienware m17x R4 when i was in the USA about a year ago.

Everything was perfect untill today when i powered on my laptop and started gaming and it suddenly shut down.

I live in Macedonia so my power switch on the wall has two holes not three as USA standard but i bought a convertor and i was doing well all the time...

So when the sudden shut down happened i thought it was some fault with the convertor so i checked that...i turned it off then on again and the led light on the end of the cable of my charger was lit in blue which indicates that nothing is wrong with the charger or the power supply on the wall or the convertor...

but then when i plugged it in my laptop the blue light on the end of the cable was gone...and i cannot turn on my laptop with or without the charger (the battery is full btw)...

i hope that nothing is damaged inside the laptop or someone has an answer to my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Petar.

All Replies
  • Hi MephistoFloyd, this actually sounds like a problem with the GPU, you can try to use the computer without it to make sure that's the problem, you can follow these steps to remove it. Also, you can contact your local tech support for assistance, you can get the phone number here.

Dani L
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty! 
    For US and Canada, if you have any questions about upgrades contact us at alienwareupgrades@dell.com
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube | If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

• Thanks for the fast response.

I will try the noted and reply for the results.

• You're welcome! Let me know how everything work's out.

Dani L
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty! 
    For US and Canada, if you have any questions about upgrades contact us at alienwareupgrades@dell.com
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube | If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's