Alienware m17x r4 Video card.

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware m17x r4 Video card.

This question is answered

I have a DELL Alienware M17x - R4 laptop 

I have an AMD RADEON 7970m graphics card installed, but I am finding that the M17x seems to be using the default Intel graphics card instead.

Can I easily set-up the Alienware M17x – R4 to select the AMD RADEON 7970m graphics card instead of the Intel one ?

How would I go about doing this? Is there any problems/issues with doing this?

Thank you.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Recouda,

We need to manually add the application/games to AMD Catalyst control centre.

• Click the Start button and select Programs
    • Click Catalyst Control Center
    • Click Power and select Switchable Graphics
    • Choose an application from the list or browse and select an application and assign the appropriate GPU.

For more information, refer the following video:

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

All Replies
  • Hi Recouda,

We need to manually add the application/games to AMD Catalyst control centre.

• Click the Start button and select Programs
    • Click Catalyst Control Center
    • Click Power and select Switchable Graphics
    • Choose an application from the list or browse and select an application and assign the appropriate GPU.

For more information, refer the following video:

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".