Alienware 17 screen flicker

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware 17 screen flicker

This question is not answered

Just got my new Alienware 17 the other day.  Only issue I have is the screen will flicker pretty much whenever I touch the computer.  If I'm typing it flickers, if I move it it flickers, if it gets bumped it flickers, etc. etc.  Having the screen flicker because I'm using the keyboard seems to kind of defeat the purpose of having a keyboard attached to thing. Thinking it might be a loose wire or something but not really sure.  Any help would be awesome thanks.

All Replies
  • Hi mkozerow,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum,

It is unfortunate that you are facing issue with the screen flickering and  I suggest you to try connecting an External Monitor to your computer and observe if it still flickers.

It seems like loose LCD cable, in case if it flickers on your External monitor do let us know and we’ll see what best can be done.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
    Munawar P
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India.
    For Dell support videos click here.

• I have it hooked to my tv. The tv has no issues. The laptop monitor still flickers when it's bumped or the keyboard Iis used.

• Hi mkozerow,

Thank you for your response,

As the display is working fine on the External Monitor it might be a case where the LCD cable might be loose or getting disconnected every time.

We can setup a service where we can replace the necessary part if applicable, I request you to provide us the Service tag of your computer on a

Private message and we will check the details and let you know what best can be done, To send a private message click on my user name

and select start conversation and provide us the Service tag.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
    Munawar P
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India.
    For Dell support videos click here.

• I seem to be having the exact same issue. Although I've had my alienware for 11 months now

• Hello Marinesam!

And have you tried the system with an external monitor? 

Alienware-Milena
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    #iwork4Dell
    Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
    I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

• Yes I have and that seems to work ok. It's mainly on startup and seems to go back to normal after 5-10 mins