my alienware m17x r4 doesn't detect my NVidia graphic card

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

my alienware m17x r4 doesn't detect my NVidia graphic card

This question is not answered

it started when my system crashed while im playing. then when I turned it on again it says something about the charger and when it gets to windows it's on 800x600 which is obviously not my default resolution. then I check my device manager and only intel display 4000 was there.

All Replies
  • Hello Boyetpogi!

Which video card from NVidia do you have?

Alienware-Milena
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    #iwork4Dell
    Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
    I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

• its nbidia gtx 660
  • Ok so try the steps on the following article and let us know how it goes. 

Alienware-Milena
    #iwork4Dell
    Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
    I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

• Hello,

I have the same problem as the initial poster; I tried the steps in the article, but Fn+F7 does nothing; the card is still not recognized under the BIOS and the system complains that the AC adapter must be 240W (it's 180W and that is fine).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• What I did, I called the customer support and they schedule me for service. Their technician came here in our house and they replace the mother board and the VGA card. I haven't experience any problems after that

• Hello Boyetpogi!

I’m happy to hear that the issue was resolved. 

Alienware-Milena
    #iwork4Dell

• Vicgeon if you want send me a PM with your service tag so I can check if we can help you fixing the issue as well. 

Alienware-Milena
    #iwork4Dell

• Hey I'm having the same problem with my Alienware 17, the graphics card that came with my computer was the GTX 770M and now it has just disappeared, I tried looking for it after pressing F2 during the startup but it was not under Discrete Video Card. This is really irritating, is there no way to download the info? The Nvidia graphics card just disappeared after rebooting from a first-time random crash. 

• Hello General Draxeo!

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on the article above? The only difference is that in order to switch from one video card to the other one you need to press FN+F5.

As well if you fell comfortable you can reset the video card.

Let me know how it goes.

Alienware-Milena
    #iwork4Dell