Alienware Windows 8 Download

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware Windows 8 Download

This question is not answered

Hello,

I purchased the upgrade to windows 8 few months back,  But had a few problems with it so reverted back to windows 7 using the alienware cd provided.

My question is does alienware provide a custom windows 8 download or cd ? just like the windows 7 cd provided with PC .

All Replies
  • We have some available but as far as I'm concerned it's for troubleshooting purposes only.

Luis Porras
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
    If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

• yea i would like this awell since id love to install my solid states and use my 4500.00 laptop to its potential,

i know this is a anti piracy thing for not including but to be honest, use the original backup for this system is useless since if i upgraded the command center.. more then likely reverting back will kill MIO board, unless this has changed so basically making a stock copy is pointless and so is the  restore partition but meh,

tried contacting dell said no problem got a email back today with the run around like i expected...

so please tell me , how can i install the os i paid for when i purchased without original WINDOWS 8 OS media.....

maybe its time to go back to pirating (currently using  a trial windows 7 ultimate)  hopefully i get my windows media  before it expires or dell will force me to pirate. nough said....

• Try this.

Luis Porras
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
    If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

• well in my case im not new to this,  i searched the net already tried that and just fails, either with unable to connect or cannot be used to install OEM media,  simply providing a download for the windows 8 core OEM would be great or if it was available via service tag  on downloads  like all my software and drivers are for my system, honestly i got a return period, if i cant get the  media before then il send this back and  buy else were...