Qualcomm Atheros KILLER Network Manager keeps displaying a warning box saying... "LSP not mapped correctly". What does this mean?

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Qualcomm Atheros KILLER Network Manager keeps displaying a warning box saying... "LSP not mapped correctly". What does this mean?

This question is not answered

Hiya,

On my new DELL ALIENWARE M17X - R4 everytime (I mean everytime) I re-start or turn-on the laptop I get a Qualcomm Atheros KILLER Network Manager message displaying a warning box saying... "LSP not mapped correctly".

What does this mean? What can I do about it? Can I make it stop?

I do not currently use wireless.

Many thanks!

M

All Replies
  • Hello Beechcroft22,

I found this on the Killer Network support website:

"This message is usually brought on by one of two things: either security software is blocking the installation of the LSPs, or a third-party program is installing its own LSPs, which prevent the Killer's from installing.

First, if you are running antivirus/antimalware, please try reinstalling the Killer drivers with your security software disabled. This may fix your issue.

If you do not run any security software, please do the following so we can determine what might be the cause of the conflict:

Click:

Start > All Programs > Bigfoot Networks > Killer Network Manager > System Diagnose Utility

This will generate a diagnostic text file. Please save the file and attach it to an email to support@bigfootnetworks.com along with a description of your issue."

Let me know how it goes :)

Alienware-Natalia
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    #iwork4Dell
    Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
    I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

• Many thanks Natalia.

I have heard back from Qualcomm Atheros (Bigfoot) and they suggest I uninstall "Speed Bit" (Real Player) and disable my security (Kaspersky) and then re-install the Killer drivers. Then try to reinstall "Speed Bit" and "Kaspersky" and hope they don't knock out the Killer LSP again.

What do you think? Should I try this or just not use the Killer? Please advise.

Thanks again.

• Hello Beechcroft22, I apologize for the delayed response. I think you should try what they are recommending, it might fix the issue.

Alienware-Natalia
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    #iwork4Dell
    Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
    I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo