NEW Alienware Command Center (Desktops 2.8.11.0, Laptops 2.8.10.0)

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

NEW Alienware Command Center (Desktops 2.8.11.0, Laptops 2.8.10.0)

This question is answered

A new AWCC version has been released but it is within the Alienware TactX Keyboard/Mouse software download. An X51 user who installed it told me that the Desktop version is 2.8.11.0. I have verified that the Laptop version is 2.8.10.0. I loaded the Laptop version on my M18x-R1. It successfully upgraded 2.6.10.0 to 2.8.10.0. Understand, there are no release notes or system compatibility notes on these AWCC. This AWCC has not been tested by us (except for my M18x-R1). I just stumbled across when I was exploring the TactX software. It appears that the Compatibility section listing only the X51 and R4 refers to the Tactx software. The embedded Desktops and Laptops folders contain stand-alone versions of the AWCC. When I opened the Laptops folder and ran it on my M18x-R1, it loaded just fine. I have reports that the Desktops folder version loads fine on the R4, X51, Area-51. I am still waiting for other Laptop owners to test it.

Yes = Aurora-R4, X51, M18x-R1

No = M15x

Note - The desktop 2.8.11.0 AWCC has been released as a standalone download;
App_DT_AWCC28110_W8_Setup_442CY_ZPE.exe http://dell.to/UXPmIB

* Download this Alienware Tact X Software & Driver for Keyboard and Mouse file to your windows desktop http://dell.to/UIjbIX
* Run the file and it will automatically expand to C:\Dell\Drivers\YV7PN\
* Open C:\Dell\Drivers\YV7PN\
* Open 1.10.39a.GM
* Open CD
* Open 2a-AWCC
* Open 2.8
* Open either Desktops or Laptops and run the setup file

I do not have the TactX Keyboard/Mouse, so once done, I copied the folder containing just the Laptops AWCC to it's own location. I then deleted the 584MB YV7PN folder.

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
Drivers
Order Status

Verified Answer
  • @DELL-Chris M.

Hi Chris has this version of AWCC supported and has formal release notes? Thanks.

All Replies
  • Cool find Big Smile

It installed on my Area 51. It upgraded from 2.8.9.0 to 2.8.11.0

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
    Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

• It says it is only compatible with X51 and Aurora R4 so can you please confirm whether it will work on ALL laptops Chris. Mine's an M17x R2.

• This AWCC has not been tested by us (except for my M18x-R1). I just stumbled across when I was exploring the TactX software. It appears that the Compatibility section listing only the X51 and R4 refers to the Tactx software. The embedded Desktops and Laptops folders contain stand-alone versions of the AWCC. When I opened the Laptops folder and ran it on my M18x-R1, it loaded just fine. I have reports that the Desktops folder version loads fine on the R4, X51, Area-51. I am still waiting for other Laptop owners to test it. Just hold off until then.

Drivers
    Order Status

• Ok.

• It didn't work on the m15x. Is there any chance the m15x will be supported for Windows 8 anytime in the future?

• sabickel,

It didn't work on the m15x.
    * Ok. Thanks for trying.

Is there any chance the m15x will be supported for Windows 8 anytime in the future?
    * No. Only the X51, Aurora-R4, M18x-R2, M17x-R4, M14x-R2, and the M11x-R3 will get Windows 8 support/validation.

Drivers
    Order Status

• Pretty <profanity removed> of dell not to support the Aurora R3 since they were sold 9 months ago. Well at least I have complete care because this R3 and M15x will be my last Dell purchases ever.

• Does anyone have a fix for the Alienware Fusion that keeps illegal opping?

• Ducayne

Does anyone have a fix for the Alienware Fusion that keeps illegal opping?

Please explain further. Also, what machine do you have?

I'm running AW-CC v2.7.25.0 with no problems.

Try this ...

Reset Windows Power profiles. Copy stock "High-Performance" to "Custom-High" and use that one. Start Fusion and see if it is the current one now (it should be). Make small changes in both sides and see if it takes effect in the other part.

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.

• It's ok on Area 51 alx under windows 8 ! :)

Thanks for this thread !

• @DELL-Chris M.

Hi Chris has this version of AWCC supported and has formal release notes? Thanks.

• A Victor D,

No and no.

Drivers
    Order Status