M14x screen replacement

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

M14x screen replacement

This question is answered

Hi,

I recently purchased an M14x R2 (from a friend) and it comes with a 1368 x 768 resolution display. I would like to upgrade the screen to 1600 x 900 and found a few places where it costs around £45, however I would like to know if upgrading the screen myself voids warranty (the unit has over 8 months left).

I would go to Dell but the prices are just too high I have been told.

Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • Hi disigma,

Upgrading the LCD will not void the hardware warranty of the system. It will only void the warranty for the part that is being replaced. Do not discard the original LCD till the warranty is out.

System manual M14x R2: http://dell.to/RBL5Zz

In case you need to contact Dell Spares and Parts for the LCD quote: 1-800-357-3355 (US customers only)

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Regards
    Satya P
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click the green "
    Yes" button.

All Replies
  • Hi disigma,

Upgrading the LCD will not void the hardware warranty of the system. It will only void the warranty for the part that is being replaced. Do not discard the original LCD till the warranty is out.

System manual M14x R2: http://dell.to/RBL5Zz

In case you need to contact Dell Spares and Parts for the LCD quote: 1-800-357-3355 (US customers only)

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Regards
    Satya P
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click the green "
    Yes" button.

• Hi Satya P,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

• Make sure the screen has a DPN (Dell Part Number) if its a Generic there is a VERY good chance the screen won't work :(

I found this out on a Latitude and an Inspiron :(

Alienware M18x
    Intel i7 960xm, 256gb SSD, Dual GTX 580 SLI.