BIOS Update Error: problem allocating BIOS buffer.

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

BIOS Update Error: problem allocating BIOS buffer.

This question is answered

Hello,

I have an Aurora R4 with AO3 BIOS. I am trying to update to A05 and I keep getting this error: "Error: problem allocating BIOS buffer."

I am doing the flash through a flash drive since I do not have a floppy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Verified Answer
  • Hey Skipper, 

Download BIOS A05 to your desktop, no need to do it from a flash drive. Big Smile

Luis Pardo
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty! Check out AW Artificial Intelligence
    For US and Canada, if you have any questions about upgrades contact us at alienwareupgrades@dell.com
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube | If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

All Replies
  • Hey Skipper, 

Download BIOS A05 to your desktop, no need to do it from a flash drive. Big Smile

Luis Pardo
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty! Check out AW Artificial Intelligence
    For US and Canada, if you have any questions about upgrades contact us at alienwareupgrades@dell.com
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube | If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

• It says that I have to run it from BIOS from a dos bootable disk.

This file format consists of a BIOS executable file. To use it, download the file and copy it to a DOS-bootable diskette. With the diskette in the floppy drive, reboot the system and run the program.

• They should remove that line about booting from a bootable floppy since it does work just fine from Windows. Thank you Luis.

• Pretty confusing line, thanks for the feedback! I'll check on that right away

Luis Pardo