How do I reformat my Alienware M15x

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

How do I reformat my Alienware M15x

This question is not answered

I reset it once by using AlienRespawn but whenever I try to open it, it just opens for a a millisecond and then closes. I really need to reset my laptop to Factory Setting because I've been having a lot of Blue Screens and I my Hard drive is Almost full So I'd like to start from scratch so I can ensure I have the things I want on my Laptop

All Replies
  • Hey hodzic,

The link below will show you how to do a Clean Windows 7 Installation. Then you can download all the drivers needed for your M15x here.

How to install Windows 7 in an Alienware Computer?

Luis Pardo
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty! Check out AW Artificial Intelligence
    For US and Canada, if you have any questions about upgrades contact us at alienwareupgrades@dell.com
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube | If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

• Quick Question: When you mean a Clean Windows 7 Installation, that means without re-installing Windows 7 right? I have no idea how to do that.

• hodzic

Quick Question: When you mean a Clean Windows 7 Installation, that means without re-installing Windows 7 right? I have no idea how to do that.

It means installing windows 7 from the disk that came with your system. He is suggesting you do a clean install of Windows 7 instead of using the Alien Respawn. Do you have a Windows 7 disk? If so you would put it into your cd drive and follow the instructions from the link he provided. It will walk you through step by step on how to do it.

Also, It should not bluescreen, just error, with a full disk. Something else is wrong. Do you know what the BSOD error code is? Do you know how to get the code and post it here?

You can download this program that will tell you what the error is. If you can post that info here then we can look into why it is crashing on you. http://download.cnet.com/BlueScreenView/3000-2094_4-10965136.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
    Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

• Uhhh... I don't have a Win 7 Disk that came with my laptop. I don't know where I would see the error code when it does blue screen. If it happens to blue screen where should I look for the code?

• hodzic

Uhhh... I don't have a Win 7 Disk that came with my laptop. I don't know where I would see the error code when it does blue screen. If it happens to blue screen where should I look for the code?

You can contact Dell for the Windows CD. You can download the program I linked you to view the bluescreen. If you see the bluescreen the code will be at the very bottom of the page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
    Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

• I downloaded the Bluescreen report, but I am not sure what I need to post and how to post it? Are you asking me to take like a screen shot of the Blue screen report  or what? Also, to get the Win 7 Disk, how should i arrive to the stage to ask since I can only assume that I'll get a bot to be my guide through the main menu(telephone).