New Alienvare X51 Bios Ver. A06

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

New Alienvare X51 Bios Ver. A06

This question has suggested answer(s)
Hello everyone, I saw that they released a new version of the bios to alienware X51 (A06) 31/07/12,
but the site does not have a changelog, does anyone know the changes in this new release??
many thanks in advance
All Replies
  • I tried the download link on the page, downloads.dell.com/.../Alienware%20X51-A06.exe but I just get "file not found".

Like once before with the Command Centre, they place the new version on the support page before the file is ready.

• Taomyn,

Your link is working for me?

agodng,

There is no changelog internally either.

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
    Drivers
    Order Status

• "File not found" message to me too!

What's wrong?

• Worked for me, try clearing your browser's cache, or maybe use IE?

Luis Pardo
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty! Check out AW Artificial Intelligence
    For US and Canada, if you have any questions about upgrades contact us at alienwareupgrades@dell.com
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube | If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

• the file downloaded fine for me but I will wait for the changelog before I even think about installing since right now I have no problems with my X51

X51 | i7-3770 | EVGA GTX 660ti FTW | 16GB | Blu-ray | 2TB SATA III HD

• It should address anyone having issues with their X51 not fully shutting down (lights stay on) or not going into sleep mode properly.

• Thanks, clearing the cache worked after a few attempts. Strange as this was a different PC.

I've updated.

• I have donload and happly the new bios a06.. I noticed no visible changes except the intel EC embledded firmware update from 8.0.4.1441 to 8.0.13 xxx this should add compatibility with new cpu.. but I am curious to know all the changes in the new version

• Tried with IE and worked. Thanks.

• I'll tell you one thing this changes - the default GPU on boot. It annoyingly changed it to the discrete nVidia card instead of my default which is the integrated Intel. Was wondering why when I temporarily changed my AV amp setting I still couldn't see the BIOS setup screen and why the right-click menu "Choose GPU" for applications had disappeared.

Had to dig out a DVI to VGA cable so I could set it back Angry