razer Onza controller or xbox controller

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

razer Onza controller or xbox controller

• has anyone had any problems getting using an xbox 360 gaming controller or razer onza controller ...I can't get my new M17x to recognize it at all?

• There is a fix for it, microsoft did a really bad job making it work on pc. You will have to google it sorry im at work at the moment.

The answer was in microsoft answer/q'n'a

You have to go into device manager find wireless controller manually install the drivers for it. Done it myself it works fine after that

My Alienware x51 -  Core i7 2600, EVGA GTX 660Ti, 8GB RAM, Crucial m4 256GB SSD (replaces HDD for better cooling)

• Thanks .... I'm going to check it out right now...and thanks for responding....in case I don't find it ...I might send you another email and when you find some extra time could you send me the link....I should be able to find it ...thanks again

• I'm not finding it....I did download the xbox 360 driver from microsoft, but from what I am learing, the usb 3.0 ports on my laptop are not allowing me to plug in any controllers other than my gaming mouse and Razer Nostromo...any thoughts?  

• Here is the solution:

Right click on Computer

Go to Properties

Click on Device Manager

Right click on the Unidentified Device

Go to Properties

Go to the Drive tab

Click on Update Driver…

Browse my computer for driver software

Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Windows Common Controller for Window Class

Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009]

Update Driver Warning

Click Yes

Installing drivers for microsoft doesnt work for some reason. My manually setting up the drivers like above it will work, not sure about usb 3 though. No point using usb 3 for a controller anyways

My Alienware x51 -  Core i7 2600, EVGA GTX 660Ti, 8GB RAM, Crucial m4 256GB SSD (replaces HDD for better cooling)

• ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty i was getting very crazy :)