Alienware M17-R3 wifi problems

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware M17-R3 wifi problems

• I simply can't connect to wi-fi. I keep getting ”wireless capability is turned off”, “the adapter is not connected”.
    BIOS - wireless network enabled, pressing that little antenna button on the laptop does not help, adapter drivers have been updated.

Windows 7 64bit
    DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN half-mini card

I ran diagnostics and found this:
    WirelessSwitch on
    wlan not installed
    wwan not installed
    Is this what's causing the problem? How do I fix this?
  • dioma, 

Did you install/reinstall the operating system recently? Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• No, I have yet to reinstall my OS.

I find it strange because I can't turn on my wifi via the Windows Mobility Center, the button is grey and I can't use it. I also can't find such a thing as Radio Control Options.

• dioma,

I am going to move this thread to the Alienware Forum where the people know more about this system.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I basically attempted to install all the drivers I could find. Bigfoot Networks Killer Network Manager tells me that my network device is disabled (error 001), but the device manager says otherwise.

When I installed the driver it only unzipped the files, there's no exe file so I wanted to install it via the device manager but it told me that the driver is up to date (and it seems that it is).

• try disabling your ethernet addapter and restarting.

• Hi,

Check your invoice to make sure you have a Wireless big foot network killer card. Let me know what it says.

Natalia J
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
    If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's