Alienware m17x R3 8 beeps

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware m17x R3 8 beeps

• 8 beeps and give me Black screen when I try to turn it on. It happens few days (last year) after I received my laptop. I was
    so disaapointed since this is my first gaming laptop and first purchased from alienware/Dell.

I need to keep turning it on and off untill it boot up so I can use my laptop.

I run the diagnostics as what the rep instructed me to do and everything passed but same thing happened.

Sometimes while I'm opening some programs it freezes even if I'm just opening a note pad.

• If your computer is still under warranty we could troubleshoot it and fix it.

8 beeps is LCD failure, have you tried an external monitor?

Apparently some text out of your post gets lost towards the end of each sentence, could you re-post or fix it? Thank you

Alienware Lizano
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
    I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

• I called the technical support earlier and the 3rd and last person who answered my called suggested to return the laptop to them with free of charge because it's still under warranty.

Just ignore the message above because they already send the box for me to return the laptop.

IM WONDERING  WHY THE  TECH SUPPORT NEVER SUGGESTED TO RETURN THE LAPTOP TO THEM EVEN IF I ALREADY EXPERIENCED THIS ISSUE IN THE FIRST MONTH THAT I RECEIVED THIS LAPTOP. I SPOKE WITH MORE THAN 5 TECH SUPPORT LAST YEAR NONE OF THEM DO.

THIS IS MY FIRST LAPTOP AND FIRST PURCHASED FROM DELL AND  I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA THAT I CAN RETURN THIS LAPTOP IN THE FIRST MONTH AFTER RECEIVING IT IF IS DEFECTIVE.

Please try to understand my English because English is not my native Language.

Thank You!