ggrrrr alienware!!!

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

ggrrrr alienware!!!

• Hi All,

Im just trying to re format my alienware x51 i put in the cd and the cd drive starts to load it up but then makes a faint clunk noise and then comes up saying error, is there a way to fix this?

• Hello sileby,

Try that cd on a different computer if possible, let me know if the error comes up.

This way we will find out if the issue is being caused by the media.

Natalia J
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
    If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

• Hi Natalia,

I have no other computer only the one i got here which is the alienware x51

It sometimes comes up with error on the part where it has a black screen a loading bar and the words windows is loading files, then sometimes i manage to get past that part and start the install of windows, it gets to the part of installing new updates and then error comes up, i feel like i cant win either way :(

• Try the steps in this article to restore the BIOS to default settings.

If that doesn't work, try different cd's or dvd's inside of windows (movies, programs, etc) let me know if you get any error messages on those.

Natalia J
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
    If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's