HDMI Problem with my Alienware M14x

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

HDMI Problem with my Alienware M14x

• Hi, i have an alienware M14x, when i connect it to my Sony TV via HDMI it doesn't show anything on my tv. My cable is ok because i used it with my XBOX 360.

I guess the problem is with the Intel HD Grafics 3000 (driver) because it show this message: "Monitor/TV Settings are not supported". I try to update the driver and it didn't work

I need to fix this please help me with this.

• When the TV is on and connected, press FN+F5. Does anything appear?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Drivers
    Order Status

• nothing appears...i've configured everything on window's control panel, on the intel integrated grafics card' control panel and on the nvidia card's control panel and nothing appears...

• * Open the Nvidia Control Panel

* Select Manage 3D Settings

* Under the Global Settings tab, what is selected?

Drivers
    Order Status

• Hi Cris, It appear this:

"Preferred graphics processor:"

"High-performance NVIDIA processor"

I hope you can help me....i reallly need this feature!!

• I am stumped. Ask the M14x owners here. Maybe they have seen the issue. Post back here if they provide a fix.

Drivers
    Order Status

• Dear,

I've had the same problem and I've fixed it

1- Control Panel

2- NVIDIA Control Panel

3- Follow the picture I made for you

Everyтнiɴɢ you cαɴ iмαɢιɴe ιѕ reαℓ !

• Mohtada, Thanks for posting the picture.

Drivers
    Order Status

• Thanks a lot Mohtada...It works...but there 's one thing...I don't know why it doesn't keep the changes...when I restart de laptop...I have to configure it again...anyway thanks a lot again!

• You're most welcome

The changes thing happens to me too, I don't know how to keep it, sorry :(

Everyтнiɴɢ you cαɴ iмαɢιɴe ιѕ reαℓ !

• You are not currently using a display attached to a NVIDIA GPU

I got that message what does this mean???

• Mkeathley92

You are not currently using a display attached to a NVIDIA GPU

I got that message what does this mean???

I got this message too when trying to fix the same HDMI problem. Help?cEmbarrassed

• i have the same problem and i have tried what u have posted but no use, my SAMSUNG tv is blank. Yes it is on the right HDMI port and in the right channel i have even tried with a VGA cable, i get the same result.                                                                           

PLEASE HELP me !!

BY THE WAY i have a alienware m17x with a navidia geforce 9400 graphic card.                                                                           my video card is working fine 

• Can anyone help me with my problem? I just got my M14X R2 and the HDMI output is not working, I use the HDMI to Plug in my M17x it is working fine. When I plug in to M14X R2 it dosent appear to the TV, and M14X show that it didnt dectect any thing.

• @HeartlessOnn Did you try the steps listed below by Mohtada?

Mohtada

Dear,

I've had the same problem and I've fixed it

1- Control Panel

2- NVIDIA Control Panel

3- Follow the picture I made for you

Alienware-Natalia
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
    I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo