A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing.

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

This question is not answered

Hello,

I have a big problem with my Aurora R4 :(

I try to install Windows 7 but i keep seeing this error:

I tried many solution like:

bootrec.exe /fixMBR

The device is not ready

bootrec.exe /fixboot

The device is not ready

What i can do :( i guess the problem comes from SEAGATE-Firmware but i don't know how i can reinstall it without access to Windows 7

I don't know what i can do, please help!!!

All Replies
  • Are you saying that you previously installed a Dell CD/DVD drive flash update on the Dell CD/DVD drive?

Are you booting from the Dell OEM OS CD to load the OS by changing the boot order?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

• I had the same error with a new XPS13 when trying to install a fresh copy of Windows 7. It would start to load and then pop up a window that read "load driver" "a required cd/dvd drive device..."

To fix I downloaded the drivers found in: USB3_Fresco_W7_A01_Setup-32V81_ZPE.exe (6301448) and copy to a USB drive. I was using 2 drives, one the OS install the second containing the drivers.

When windows asked I pointed to the amd64_hub folder where it found the driver for the USB hub:

Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) root hub x:\path\FLxHCIc.inf

(note my drive is a USB 2.0)

Other documentation had me change AHCI to ATA in the BIOS, I did this too not sure if it was necessary.

I spent an entire morning trying to figure this one out, hopefully this helps others.

• I could kiss you!  Been trying to figure this out for about a week.