Cant detect wireless with alienware

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Cant detect wireless with alienware

This question is not answered

HI,

I format my alienware M17

& reinstall windows and all the drivers

but cant detect wireless nor i can connect to the internet

in the device manager the network controller seems not to be installed correctly

can anyone help me & tell me how to find the software for this driver

im trying for 3 days here but cant find such drivers on dell.com

plz help

thanks

All Replies
  • masawa72,

Did you install the drivers in the correct order?

How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• thanks for ur reply

yes i did & i followed this order

Desktop System Software (DSS) or Notebook System Software (NSS) - A vital utility that provides critical updates and patches for the operating system. If you are reinstalling Windows or updating all drivers, it is important that this software be installed first. This is located under the System Utilities Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Chipset - Helps Windows control system board components and controllers. This is located under the Chipset Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

PCMCIA/Smartcard controller located under the Security Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Intel Storage - Intel Matrix Storage Manager located under SATA Drives on the Drivers and Downloads page (only for Intel chipset computers).

Audio Adapter - Enables and enhances the audio controller. This is located under the Audio Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Video Adapter - Enhances video performance. This is located under the Video Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Network Interface Card (NIC) - Enhances the network controller for Internet or network access. This is located under the Network Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Dell Control Point (DCP) - Controls power management, ambient light sensor, wireless profiles, and security features on laptops. This is located under the Applications on the Drivers and Downloads page. The DCP is split into three separate programs with each one controlling different aspects. It may not be necessary to install all three parts of DCP depending on the system

but some drivers e.g PCMCIA/Smartcard controller. is not in my CD drivers

I checked all the drivers for my service Tag & download them all, yet i cant find the driver for network controller

would you plz help

• masawa72,

Did you install the command center?

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• what is the command centre

• what is the command centre

i install all the drivers came withe CD

also i check the drivers under service TAg & i install all what can be installed

yet i did find any commad centre

• masawa72,

Alienware Command Center for Alienware M17x and R2

Alienware Command Center Notebook M17 R3

Rick

#DellRockStar

• i did  try to instal this file

but it keep saying plz download & install Net Framwork v4 before running Alienware Command centre

• masawa72,

.net framework is available through Windows Updates.

I am going to have this thread moved to the Alienware Board.

Rick

#DellRockStar