Forums

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Sims 3 And Alienware Nightmare :(

• I just got a new Alienware lap top to play my Sims Windows 7. Installed all my Sims3 games but when I try to run the games it says there is no disk please insert disk? Or it says it's not compatible with my current game? I've tried inserting every disk I have and can not get Sims3 to work. Then I installed Sims2 which works perfectly I have no problems. Does anyone know why this is happening and why My Sims won't work? ( Error ! Your The Sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack . Please update your game via the game launcher. ) Then I go to update and it says my game is up to date Version 7.3.2.011031 Then when I click Play again I get ( Error ! Disc Authentication Failure! No game disc found! Please insert The SIms 3 game disc before proceeding.) I take the disk out of my new lap top put it in my old PC and it works!??? So why won't this work correctly on my new Alienware Laptop? 

No mods are installed before anyone asks this comp is fresh out of the box M14 Alienware. The Sims3 installed fine it was able to read the disk while installing.  I have not installed anti virus yet so that can't be the problem and the disk has been cleaned and was clean enough to install and run on my old PC. Games Installed are The Sims 3, The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack, The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack, The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack And The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff. 
  • I think this maybe a time you need to visit The Sims forum TBH.

The hardware is clearly working, and it seems there is some conflict within the game, I don't know for sure but the errors all seem to related to the game not the machine.

Alienware M18x
    Intel i7 960xm, 256gb SSD, Dual GTX 580 SLI.

• I can play sims 3 just nice with m17x r3.. i didnt experience any prob so far..

i think there is a prob with patches ... or u didnt install correctly? try to uninstall using revo uninstaller..it cleans up all the past data from ur sims and try re-installing again the sims 3..