Razer Blade

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Razer Blade

• http://www.razerzone.com/blade

I want!!!Surprise

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
    Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

• If there ever was a gimmick that is it.    

• I like it. Need more info on it but so far I think they are on the right track.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

• I like the idea of the smaller handheld one. BUT where the switchblade buttons and trackpad are I think itll be terrible from gaming. YOU NEED A MOUSE. For situations where you are forced to use a touchpad this would be better, but still terribad compared to a mouse. And if you hooked a mouse to it you couldnt use the switchblade buttons without it sitting at an odd angle. unless your left handed.

Alienware Aurora

i7 920@3.3ghz

ATi 6950 2GB @6970 Full Unlock

6GB Tri-Channel 1333mhz RAM

2x 500GB Barracuda HDD Raid 1

2x 60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SSD Raid 0

• I like the trackpad being on the right like that. For me it would be nothing but a win with or without a mouse. The switchblade buttons would just become more macro keys when using a mouse. You would still use 1-0 keys for quick access but you would have the extra keys for macro settings.

Without a mouse I would much rather use the switchblade setup then a standard notebook.

• The trackpad on the right is cool for without a mouse, but how often are you going to look directly at it, so does it matter if it is a display too? A normal trackpad with macro keys at the top would have been much cheaper and probably as good.  The biggest problem though is the hardware.  It has a dual core i7 which is clocked at 2.8ghz.  The 2.8 is good and the dual core probably okay for most games today but not very future proof and the the graphics card is the gt555 which is in the m14x which a lot of people will tell you is okay for medium to high settings today but not for a 2800 dollar laptop which is almost outdated already. I bet you can get an m18x with a dual graphics setup for around or less than the blade.  It is kind of a cool idea, it is just too expensive for what little hardware it has.  And the touchpad while cool is kind of a gimmick.

• I think the idea behind it is to make a true portable gaming laptop. The price is not set and now that the two proto's have been stolen who knows if or when they will start making it.

I still love the idea and will keep an eye on it. I am tired of my mx17..it's like taking a cinder block with me.

• It's a nice laptop but a dual core cpu & one gpu isn't going to cut it. A M18x is a must have for portable gaming. <TOU violation>

Top Deck Tech Station HPTX / 3x Scythe DFS123812-3000 "ULTRA KAZE"  
    Silverstone 1500W
    EVGA X58 4-WAY SLI Classified
    6GB Super-Talent DDR3-2000 @ 2000MHz @ 7-7-7-21
    i7-980x @ 4.3GHz / Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    3x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked @ 895/2300
    2x Western Digital VelociRaptor HD's

• I think the switchblade is a much better way to go. True portability. If your going to carry around a laptop you might as well have a beast with top specs OR go portability and get that little guy.

Alienware Aurora

i7 920@3.3ghz

ATi 6950 2GB @6970 Full Unlock

6GB Tri-Channel 1333mhz RAM

2x 500GB Barracuda HDD Raid 1

2x 60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SSD Raid 0