Alienware Aurora R3 - BIOS: ME subsystem - ?

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware Aurora R3 - BIOS: ME subsystem - ?

• Anyone:

I can find no information about the 'ME subsystem' or the 'ICC Overclocking' settings that live in the BIOS of my Alienware R3, either in the documentation or online.

Does ANYONE have any idea how to control this stuff?  I mean, any HUMAN?  Preferably one who speaks/writes English?

I know it's asking a lot .....

Thanks

• Tomahawk4196

Anyone:

I can find no information about the 'ME subsystem' or the 'ICC Overclocking' settings that live in the BIOS of my Alienware R3, either in the documentation or online.

Does ANYONE have any idea how to control this stuff?

Bump

• Anyone:

Does ANYONE have any idea how to control this stuff?

• If it's grayed out then you can't change the settings since the motherboard doesn't support it.

Alienware Aurora R3 Stealth Black :: Intel i7 2600K - 4.1GHz - OC :: 875W PSU :: ATI/AMD Radeon 6870 HD :: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600 G.Skill Rip Jaw CL8-8-8-24 :: Alienware OptXTAW2310 3D monitor 23" :: 2TB Raid-0 :: Logitech G700 Mouse :: Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard ::Asus Maximus V GENE  :: Windows 7  Ultimate SP1 64-bit :: Optical Drive - PLDS DVD+-RW DH-24ABS :: 

• Well, I have the same machine you have, with BIOS A-06, and it's not greyed out - it's at the bottom of the "Advanced" tab.

It looks like that's where overclocking happens, but I don't know what steps to take.  Anybody?

Thanks

• My apologies you're right it's not grayed out

check this out it may be what you are looking for

forum.desktopreview.com/.../243447-overclock-i7-2600k-stable-h24-24-aurora-r3.html

Alienware Aurora R3 Stealth Black :: Intel i7 2600K - 4.1GHz - OC :: 875W PSU :: ATI/AMD Radeon 6870 HD :: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600 G.Skill Rip Jaw CL8-8-8-24 :: Alienware OptXTAW2310 3D monitor 23" :: 2TB Raid-0 :: Logitech G700 Mouse :: Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard ::Asus Maximus V GENE  :: Windows 7  Ultimate SP1 64-bit :: Optical Drive - PLDS DVD+-RW DH-24ABS :: 

• Very good, thanks - that worked easily and well.  I crunch for World Community Grid, and after being under full load for several hours now, with my machine at 4.39 Ghz, my core temps do not exceed 70 degrees C.

However, I would MUCH rather find someone who really understands what we're fiddling with, here - these chips can likely pass 5 ghz with this liquid cooling system.

Thanks again.