How to switch graphics card on alienware m17x r3

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

How to switch graphics card on alienware m17x r3

• Yo every body, so I just got my new laptop and I already have a noobish issue I'm sure... Even though the computer is fully charged and plugged in, as well as in high performance mode... it STILL operates on the integrated intel graphics card... instead of the 560m which is visible in device manager... help please xD !

How do I make the switch !

• Well the manual says the nvidia is turned on when it is required to do so... xD I hope this will not cause performance issues but there you go learned something.

• FN+F7

Top Deck Tech Station HPTX / 3x Scythe DFS123812-3000 "ULTRA KAZE"  
    Silverstone 1500W
    EVGA X58 4-WAY SLI Classified
    6GB Super-Talent DDR3-2000 @ 2000MHz @ 7-7-7-21
    i7-980x @ 4.3GHz / Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    3x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked @ 895/2300
    2x Western Digital VelociRaptor HD's

• xD Noob powaaaa !!! Thanks got it

• Is there a way to elminate the confirmation popup that comes with the FN+F7 (I/D GFX). I'd like it to just HAPPEN when I hit the hotkey.

• I have the problem when I hit this it just says your graphics solution is automatically configured for optimal performance. How do I switch now and what message should I recieve when it does switch. Ty

• I see the same message as Ryan and would also like to know how to switch back and forth between the Intel and nVidia graphics cards as I see fit.