M11x R1 disabling Alienware theme?

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

M11x R1 disabling Alienware theme?

• Not sure if other people are having the same issues and I haven't really searched the forum, so I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.

I wanted to see if I can disable the whole Alienware theme (without uninstalling) and go back to a windows 7 look without having it disable the facial recognition. My main reason is that a lot of the times. The theme will darken out the borders on applications, such as Firefox and iTunes.

For instance, iTunes and the window borders go dark (Alienware dark blue color) when I hover over any menus (file, edit, view, etc). It will remain dark until I pass over them again. This goes for all of the outlining areas above the top of the application window (hide, resize, x). This also happens on my Firefox browser and it actually affects certain IE websites, where it wont resize IE at all.

Is there a way to completely take off the Alienware skin/theme (and maybe reinstall later), so it looks like just a standard Windows 7  without disabling other effects, such as the face recognition log in and the lights (keyboard, logo, etc)?

• right click desktop, click personalize then chose a different theme.