M17X No Keyboard Lights

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

M17X No Keyboard Lights

• Hey guys, I have run out of options and not sure what else I can do.  I reinstalled Windows 7.  Everything worked great.  Command Center updated and my keybaord lights stopped working.

I tried two different fix actions that were recommended on this site.

I tried slosing the current theme and creating a new one, and it didnt work.

I downloaded a regfix restarted computer, closed theme, started a new one and its still not working.  Anyone else have any ideas?  Im frustrated with this.

• same problem here,,  no idea and no feedback at all i must say ... dosent feel like customer servise for a 3000 dollar machine

• same problem !!! and customer service DOESN'T HELP HERE !!!!!!!!  too angry for DELL , I'm dissapointed !!!

• of course customer service wont help .... this is tech support issue :O

• Is that a R3?

My m14x initially were reported by my dealer that the keyboard have problem and they were going to issue a Dell tech to change my keyboard, but after installing Alienware CC, it works perfectly fine.

Dell call in and I ask them to close case.

You can try to ask the tech guy to change a completely new keyboard.

They said first few batch of new Revision of alienware have problems with the keyboard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Core i7-2630QM processor

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM

1.5GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

Stealth Black with Soft Touch Finish 14"(35.6cm) WLED HD+(900p)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• i am pretty sure mine is a R1 ,  how can i make sure ???? it a 2009 model

• If yours is from 2009, pretty much yea it's a R1.

You can try calling the technical help? Or e-mail them? Not too sure though. Feels like a keyboard change might help..

I don't have any idea how Dell work way across the globe in US, but over here in Dell Singapore/Malaysia, they are pretty much quick.

Sent them an e-mail, get a call on the next day.

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM

• alright  well  i have been trying to get in touch,,  my best bet is wait untill tomorrow and try to get one of technical support over the phone... anyways, if i figure it out  ill let you know  bro.... thankxs  4 the feedback     --  check out my music m8 , heres a present  soundcloud.com/magicdust  

• Woahh seems nice from your blog.

Will check it out when I am back home. Couldn't play music while I am at work. It's 11:07hr now :/

7 hours to go..

Anyway, good luck :D

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM

• good luck to you too bro