Alienrespawn 2.0 software needed

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienrespawn 2.0 software needed

• Hello,

I've had some malware problems with my Alienware PC over the past few weeks and I would like to reset my PC with Alienrespawn and clear the harddrive. The manual that came with it said that I'd need two CDs with software to get it to work, however I'm afraid I don't have these CDs. Apparently there's supposed to be a possibility to download the software via the support site, but I can't find any such link.

Is there any other way to get the software needed to reset my PC and get Alienrespawn to work? Or is there another download link that I'm missing?

Thanks.

• The alien respawn CD usually is generated from your computer. Mine generated 3 DVDs. Try generating the DVDs. I'm not sure if the malware went into the hidden partition or not, but it's worth a try. Without the CD you can also respawn the computer using the respawn software. The system will reset to the original configuration as when you first purchased the computer. Remember to backup your work, music and movie files. 

When I respawned my computer it did ask me if i wanted so save my existing files, i said no. I wanted a clean system.

Good luck.

Area-51 ALX,   Intel Core i7-990X Processor,   12GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz Memory,   Bios Version 10,   160 Gb SSD OS,   3 x 1TB HDD,   1 x 500Gb HDD,   Dual Drives: 16x DVD+/-RW + Blu-ray Disc Drive Burner,   Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580-SLI,   Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi(TM) Titanium,   Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

• I find it best to do a clean fresh install.If you have your OS disc you can find all your latest & up to date drivers on Dells support page which is better then useing the old drivers & utilities on the CD that came with your system anyway. if you don't have your OD disc you can call support and they will send you a OS & drivers & utilities but as stated I like to download the latest from support.dell.com.

Also with a clean install you can install just software and programs that you want not have all kind of stuff you don't use.. then when you get everything the way you want it then create a image useing acornious or similar imaging software.

Best wishes

Area 51 ALX 960 12 Gb DDR3 @1333 2 X HD5970 2 x 1Tb HD in Raid Blueray burner Windows 7 64

• Actually Jeff i totally agree with you. Reinstall is the best. I usually do that myself, but i also have the original copy of the OS in TIB format (Acronis) when the computer arrived. Somewhere within a couple of months I will totally format the computer to my liking. When it's time to move on and sell my computer i usually put it back to it's original config so that the next person gets to play with the original software like filling in your name,  setup and what not. It's a nice feeling like opening up a present Gift.

Area-51 ALX,   Intel Core i7-990X Processor,   12GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz Memory,   Bios Version 10,   160 Gb SSD OS,   3 x 1TB HDD,   1 x 500Gb HDD,   Dual Drives: 16x DVD+/-RW + Blu-ray Disc Drive Burner,   Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580-SLI,   Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi(TM) Titanium,   Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

• download it from here http://alwchecker.alienrespawn.com/alwchecker-en.html