Another Alienware Aurora R3 Freezing (Colombia)

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Another Alienware Aurora R3 Freezing (Colombia)

• Hi, same problem around here, got the Aurora R3 (i7 2600 8 gig Ram) in Abril 28 in Bucaramanga Colombia, since first day the computer its freezing, happens with heavy load the most simple test, to see the crash its runing windows evaluation ratings, in the cpu performance the computer crash.  Seriosly for me, in a Latin american country the price its higher than USA and this kind of things its unacceptable for a Dell alienware.  

Like many of the people with the problem, i call Dell, and no one knows nothing about the problem, they tell me that in latin america i was the first customer with that problem Huh? 

theres its a thread in mac book pro forums, and they got I7 2600 https://discussions.apple.com/message/13150366#13150366.

Good luck to all, am for the refund  and the worst thing its that i got wait another month to get back my money, first the arrival waiting and now the refund, unbelievable.

• Hi,

Joining the club. Random BSODs and freezing on Aurora R3 Problems started from day one and has been going on for about a month now. Totally random, very hard to troubleshoot. My previous system, which was not dell, was and is rock solid in stability. And here I am sitting with a new system and barely dare to move the mouse because it will freeze on me, most often not giving me a blue screen and a minidump so that I can at least try to trobleshoot the problem.

Memtest, mdsched, Dell Diagnostics, 3Dmark, furmark, Fprime95...it passed all of those tests, but care to sit down and actually try to do something on the comp, and it will throw a blue screen or freeze in my face. I paid 5000 $ for this machine and I am afraid to touch it. 

So what should I do? Dell really need to speak up now on how to solve the problem for the aurora R3 customers.

Someone herd said that the solution might be to turn off the alienfusion service, or that the factory install may be a bad image. I will try and see if it works, but we really need more agressive help from the alienware tech staff.

If anyone have any tips or ideas on how to fix this, if at all possible, please share.

Best Regards

• I also have an Aurora R3  that I received in late April exhibiting the same freeze problems. I have called Alienware

several times, talked to support and to techs who have done what they could to help me, but to no avail. The techs

said it could be this or that but really weren't sure. They were all very nice,and my over all experience with them

was good,but no problems were solved. Such a shame that so many others are having the same problems. I'm

not really a gamer, just wanted an Alienware Aurora R3 for general use because I trusted that it would be a good

machine. I'm done calling Alienware, I really don't want to go through any more of that. . Right now I'm using a newer HP  that is problem free, the R3 is

unhooked and unplugged with a dust cover on it. I might just leave it alone for a while and somewhere down the

line have it checked out locally and possibly rebuilt. I like it, i just want it to function like it should. I understand the frustration

of others that are having the same problems, hope everything works out for the best.

• realbrush

Hi,

Joining the club. Random BSODs and freezing on Aurora R3 Problems started from day one and has been going on for about a month now. Totally random, very hard to troubleshoot. My previous system, which was not dell, was and is rock solid in stability. And here I am sitting with a new system and barely dare to move the mouse because it will freeze on me, most often not giving me a blue screen and a minidump so that I can at least try to trobleshoot the problem.

Memtest, mdsched, Dell Diagnostics, 3Dmark, furmark, Fprime95...it passed all of those tests, but care to sit down and actually try to do something on the comp, and it will throw a blue screen or freeze in my face. I paid 5000 $ for this machine and I am afraid to touch it. 

So what should I do? Dell really need to speak up now on how to solve the problem for the aurora R3 customers.

Someone herd said that the solution might be to turn off the alienfusion service, or that the factory install may be a bad image. I will try and see if it works, but we really need more agressive help from the alienware tech staff.

If anyone have any tips or ideas on how to fix this, if at all possible, please share.

Best Regards

My friend dont waste your time, i try all of that and nothing works, the only thing to do that at least down the crashing times, its turn off the hyper threading option in the bios, but the problem persist. At least in Latin america the Tech staff doesnt work at all, and they keep saying that they dont know nothing about a Alienware aurora r3 problems. Yeah Right Angry 

Good luck my friend and we need to do something.

• speeder7

I'm done calling Alienware, I really don't want to go through any more of that. . Right now I'm using a newer HP  that is problem free, the R3 is

unhooked and unplugged with a dust cover on it. I might just leave it alone for a while and somewhere down the

line have it checked out locally and possibly rebuilt.

You must be rich or something.

While it's still new, I suggest you get it repaired by Dell, exchanged (hopefully for a new one ... or at least a working refurb.), or get a complete refund.

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.

• I am still seeing a growing number of R3 owners bitterly complaining about the random lockup issue on these forums as well and a number of others across the net and still not a single word from Dell/Alienware to possibly acknowledge we are having this problem or that they are making any effort to resolve it.

IMHO I feel that there will not fix for this issue (at least in the foreseeable future) and that the wise move (for me) is to save aggravation and wasted time with the new R3 and cancel the order for the replacement.

I got the expected response that the computer is already through production and being prepared for shipping(checking the order online verified this) despite the estimated delivery date being 5-20 with UPS 2 Day shipping.

The agent told me he submitted a request to reroute the machine back to Dell so I never receive it (we will see) and if by chance a large box shows up next Monday/Tuesday I will just refuse it.

Once the $3600 and some change that’s floating around out there with Dell is refunded I will purchase my new Gaming/Artwork rig and move on with my life - sans Dell/Alienware.

Best of luck to all the R3 owners, I hope your issues get resolved.

M17X R4
    Core i7 3820QM
    GTX 675m
    256Gb Dell/Alienware Samsung PM 830
    250Gb Western Digital Scorpio Black  
    Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
    16Gb  DDR3 1600

• @

Yeah mate, I know you are probably right. I may be whipping a dead horse in trying to get my Aurora R3 to function properly.

I just can't accept that a 5000 $ system is shipped broken. I mean come on, all these Aurora R3 customers complaining about the same issues, don't they test the system before they ship it? Surely at some time they must have noticed instability issues in the factory for some systems somewhere in the world. But I guess they decided to ship it anyway and let us deal with an impossible DELL tech support, that will lead us nowhere and only give us headaches and make our wallets thinner.

You know I have bought computers for over ten years now. This is the first time I buy a DELL and this is the first time I have a system giving me this much trouble. I am a first time DELL customer and I have only bitter taste in my mouth.

You know what the sad part is? DELL knows how to build systems. How do I know? I work for a computer games company (EA) and we have well over 400 DELL workstations and servers at our studio, constantly renewed, updated and supported, and they work flawlessly. And the DELL tech support for our company is superb. nearly NONE of the workstations have exhibited the same problems I have with my Aurora R3. DELL cares about big business and large customers because a damaged relationship with big companies can potentially be very detrimental to DELL's reputation.

Unsatisfied Alienware customers? who cares about them? Until proven otherwise, I know that DELL isn't the one who cares.

• realbrush, totally agree with you, just 8 days later of my first call, and the 2 hours per day begging for help, and asking for the refund, they send me an email, just yesterday, the funny thing: Says that i have to wait; listen to this:  5 TO 6 WEEKS, for my money Super Angry. To me this is a clear fraud, my lawyer says that if we lose money, because many of us depends on the computer, they have to give quick answers, or act in someway, otherwise is FRAUD. My brand new Dell Alienware R3 cost US 2.500 and doesnt work, one day and doesnt work, its a forum so fixed DELL or give my money back asap. 

And you are right we are not companys, and they no fear us, and thats why they are playing with us. Angry i want to know if some proccedings enters here, at least in USA?

Ill gone check with my sister who lives en L.A. but if anyone knows, it would be nice how to proceed.

Good luck my friend.

• My vacations are near, since i dont got a computer, obviously... money? nope.... Maybe ill gone use my old VHS for video editing  Huh? the point its that  i ll gone get a lot of free time, after seeing Dave Carroll  United breaks Guitars, am willing to do a video in animation with you DELL. Devil Maybe you are the inspiration that i need.

• Finally mine is freezing...during prime 95 with all 4 slots ram occupied, take out one of them and everythings fine

Aurora ALX i7 990X /SLi GTX680/3 x Alienware OPTX2310/Samsung Evo 500 GB SSD/24GB DDR31600mhz /Bose Companion 3/OptX Mouse&Keyboard

M14x 2720 @3.1 Ghz, 3GB GT555M@772Mhz , 8GB RAM, 1600x900p.

Alienware 18 / 4940mx / SLi 880M 16GB/ 32 GB DDR3 1600mhz/ 4TB Samsung Pro SSD