Alienware M11x r2 - Problem to turnt it on

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware M11x r2 - Problem to turnt it on

• Hi everyone!

I bought a alienware m11x r2, 2 month ago... everything good. But now I'm having a boring issue, when i try to turn on the notebook by pressing the power button, it doesn't turn on. This happen with the battery full and the AC adapter connected. I try some steps that I found on the manual and in some foruns, where I removed the battery, hold for 20sec the power button, put the battery again and try to turn on. But nothing. I found a way to turn on, but is really really boring do that every time, I have to hold the power button about 20 to 45 seconds (every attemp is with one different time ¬¬) and the notebook turn on normally, but when i turn off and the next day I have the same episode. I did the diagnostic of the BIOS setup, removed the memory ram, HD, battery, but nothing.

So please guys, someone know what's happening and why?

or better, how i can ressolve this problem :)

Thanks!

• Greetings,

When your press the power button, do any status lights come on?  Do you hear the fan turning?  If so, check to see if the screen has a ghosted (or very dark) image.  If so, you may have an LCD screen issue.

Thanks,

Gabe

• Hi Gabe!

Thank you for your attention, so... when i press the power button the notebook does nothing, i have to keep trying to turn it on by holding down the button 20sec. around 10 times or more. I'll try to upgrade de BIOS to A04 now...

• one more thing that i discovered now, after i finally turn the notebook on i tryied to turn it off by holding down the power button and didn't works.

• YuriKumagai

one more thing that i discovered now, after i finally turn the notebook on i tryied to turn it off by holding down the power button and didn't works.

If you can Turn-On and Turn-Off the laptop via alternate methods ... maybe the Power Switch is bad (or not plugged in properly, etc).

On Alternates : In the BIOS, look for Turn on at a certain time or On with double mouse click, etc.

Off Alternates: In Windows ... use Start Orb, Shut-Down.

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.

•  

Nice Tesla1856!

But i turned off and i'm trying to turn on again ¬¬

But i'll check if it has a altenative way to turn on, until the support do something ^^

• unfortunately the m11x doesn't have these options ¬¬

have only USB WAKE SUPPORT

•  

new result of some tests:

-i tryed the hibernation mode, and to wake up the notebook i tryed to use the mouse and keyboard usb, but didn't work (with the USB WAKE SUPPORT enabled), so i tryed to wake up by pressing the button, and it worked! ¬¬

So, my button doesn't have any problem because i did this 5 times and all works.

Now i'll hibernate my notebook, until i can turn it off normally ^^

• At least you found a nice little work-around until you can get it serviced.

Do a search here. Lots of messages about AW laptops that won't turn on, randomly complain about the charger or battery, etc. ... and all sorts of other weird problems.

Ya ... I think I'll stick with my Precision Smile

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.

• belive, i put the tag alienware m11x and the forum return 43 pages, i looked all posts ^^

Every experience is valid!
    And one thing about the hibernation, today didn't work, so the problem maybe is the button again ¬¬

Thank you all!

• Hi everyone!

I'm back to tell what happened after I called the Dell Support and explained my problem, enjoy my experience XD

-The first techn. came with the wrong piece (dell sent the bottom cover)

-The second one came with the wrong piece again ¬¬ (dell sent 2 I/O board, the audio and usb pulgs), but this one accidentaly touched with his tools on the flat cable of the power button, and the notebook turned on, so he reported to the dell.

-The third one came with everything XD (dell sent the Mother Board and the Palm rest)

This one changed only the palm rest, because this piece have the power button board, and was in this piece the problem.

After the last techn. gone, I  tryed to close the screen, and for my unhappiness, the button cover was broken, after the 3 techn. opening and closing, opening and closing, the piece went to heaven. So I sent e-mails to Dell explaining what happend and they asked for some pictures, I sent and they approve and ordered a new one to send to me, some days after, I received the new and I changed by myself.

Now is 100% XD

A question, some one know how i can get the anti-glare screen and others acessories for alienware from ousite US?

Thanks for everyone!

• I got the same prob as you mentioned above. Some time I can turn it on normally by hitting the power button but some time it didn't work and takes me an hour to a day to turn it on (I just try to click it or hold it over 10s or 30s) many many times. Even I checked that the battery is full or half (by battery button in the bottom) it still the same. It doesn't matter that I turn it off or hibernate I just can't turn it on if it doesn't want :(.

• Gday, I have a M11x that has been getting harder to turn on over a bit of time. i have checked the power supply on another unit, and the Battery shows full charge on the indicator. Can some one tell me how to test the power button board. Or what else I can look for to get this unit running again??

Thanks in advance.