32 bit command center for windows 7

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

32 bit command center for windows 7

• Hey everyone, I am wondering if there is really a 32 command center app for windows 7 32 bit? Yes I torpedoed my 64 windows 7 on my M17X because I had had it with the problems and changes everytime I started my machine. 32 bit is so much more stable and useful! But I am missing the command center and I have searched tons of sites that claim they have it, but when I go to install it I get errors saying it wont load on this processor?

• Is this a new laptop (from 10-2009 to current) ?

I'm not real familiar with AW laptops, but I know Dell held the release of the new desktops until 10-2009 to coincide with Windows 7 release date. They only shipped with Windows 7 64bit. Therefore, Command Center (and other apps and drivers) are really only available for that version.

The big draw-back to 32-bit is it will only use 3-3.5gb of memory (even if you have more installed).

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.

• Yeah it is the Rev 1 version, I understand, I only have 4Gb anyway so it is all good. I dont know what the cause was, but 64 bit really sucked! I know this sounds funny but almost every time I logged into the machine, the desktop would change, word and other programs would not run correctly and opening simple files like .jpgs would fail as well. I have none of that under 32 windows. I guess to be fair I should have tried to re-load 64 bit first but just didnt want to mess with it. So sounds like no command center for me then, that is a price I can live with to have a stable machine....